Big Day Out 2007

lonelyday

Well the big day out is hitting New Zealand on the 19th January, I'm really looking forward to it theres some great acts, although i don't know half of them, but these things are good for finding out about new groups and stuff.

Thought I'd post and see what you all think of the acts theyve got coming to NZ:

Tool

Muse

Jet

Violent Femmes

Eskimo Joe

The Streets

The Killers

John Butler Trio

Kasabian

Crystal Method DJ's

Scribe

My Chemical Romance

Evermore

Justice

Peaches & Herms

Trivium

John Cooper Clarke

Afra & The Amazing Beat Box Band

Little Birdy

The Presets

Spankrock

Luciano

The Vines

Plus...Hot Chip, Lily Allen, Lupe Fiasco, Diplo, Shapeshifter, That 1 Guy, DJ Sir-Vere, Blindspott, David Kilgore, Deceptikonz, The Rabble, PNC, Dimmer, Sinate, Goodnight Nurse, The Shaky Hands, The Veils, The Mint Chicks, The Tutts, Minuit, Opensouls, Jakob.

I think most of the last ones are local artists and bands so I don't think many of you would have heard of them...

Plus...Hot Chip, Lily Allen, Lupe Fiasco, Diplo, Shapeshifter, That 1 Guy, DJ Sir-Vere, Blindspott, David Kilgore, Deceptikonz, The Rabble, PNC, Dimmer, Sinate, Goodnight Nurse, The Shaky Hands, The Veils, The Mint Chicks, The Tutts, Minuit, Opensouls, Jakob.

I think most of the last ones are local artists and bands so I don't think many of you would have heard of them...

You may be right, I've not heard of most of those. However Hot Chip (Link) are one of the most talked about "up and coming" bands in the UK. Their 2006 album "The Warning" was nominated for the Mercury Music Prize, yielded two Top 40 singles and featured in many of the end of year "Best of 2006" round-ups.

Also Lily Allen's album "Alright, Still" was one of the top-selling albums by a UK artist last year, (and understandably so: it's great!)

The Violent Femmes should be good.

I quite like the line up this year, I really hope i will get to see the Violent Femmes, they're the last act and at last years BDO we ended up crawling through trees to see Fat Freddy's Drop which was the last act, only to find the crowd of people too huge there was no way we could fit so we had to crawl back through the trees and I lost my friends in the process. I found them about five minutes later- apparently i'm a faster tree crawler than them :grin:

But i suppose it's all part of the experience...

Edited by Guest

We didn't even have to this time, even though a record number of tickets were sold, we just left Tool early since none of us are hardout fans of them.

We saw a lot of acts, I was a bit disappointed with the Killers, seeing them live is pretty much the same as watching them in a video, but my favourites were Kasabian, Hot Chip, Spankrock, The Violent Femmes-who showed they could put on a great show. And Muse who were just amazing...