Tigger, "Let go of my tail kid." POW

RonJonSurfer

Tigger Accused of Assault at Disney

The family videotape, which local police are examining, allegedly shows Tigger grabbing the arm of a 14-year-old boy and punching him in the face. The 31-year-old man in the costume has not been arrested.

United Press International

A Disney employee dressed as cartoon tiger Tigger is accused of punching a 14-year-old boy in Florida, a report says.

The Orlando Sentinel said the alleged blow occurred while his father was videotaping the character at Disney-MGM Studios.

Michael J. Fedelem, 31, was the man in the costume during the incident, the report said. The family videotape, which local police are examining, allegedly shows Fedelem grabbing the arm of 14-year-old Jerry Monaco Jr. and punching him in the face, the Sentinel said. Fedelem has not been arrested and could not be reached for comment.

Naturally, a physical altercation between characters and guests is not tolerated, a spokeswoman for Disney told the newspaper. Fedelem has been suspended pending the completion of a police inquiry and an internal investigation at Disney, the Sentinel said.

The Sentinel could not reach the Monaco family for comment, but the boy's father, Jerry Monaco Sr., told TV reporters that the family's vacation was spoiled.

© YellowBrix, Inc. Copyright 1997-2006

Copyright © 2003-2007 Clear Channel. All rights reserved.

The Wonderful Thing About Tiggers

The wonderful thing about Tiggers

Is Tiggers are wonderful things

Their tops are made out of rubber

Their bottoms are made out of springs

They're bouncy, trouncy, flouncy, pouncy

Fun, fun, fun, fun, fun

But the most wonderful thing about Tiggers

Is I'm the only one

Is Tiggers are wonderful chaps

They're loaded with vim and with vigor

They love to leap in your laps

They're bouncy, trouncy, flouncy pouncy

Fun, fun, fun, fun, fun

Is I'm the only one

Tiggers are wonderful fellahs

Tiggers are awfully sweet

Everyone elses is jealous

And thats why I repeat

Is Tiggers are wonderful things

Their tops are made out of rubber

Their bottoms are made out of springs

They're bouncy, trouncy, flouncy, pouncy

Fun, fun, fun, fun, fun

Is I'm the only one

Yes, I'm the only one

(Grrrrrr...)

I have the feeling that the kid deserved it, too. Some people think it's funny to abuse the characters. I was there last September. It's blazing hot with just a T-shirt and shorts on, imagine wearing a heavy costume for hours, not to mention kids who step on your feet, scream in terror at you, nasty parents, etc. It's not a job I'm willing to do for minimum wage.

Here's the video, and I can't believe such a big deal is being made of this. It doesn't even remotely look like Tigger is punching this kid - it looks like the kid is trying to go for the costume zipper, and Tigger reaches back to move his hand, accidentally brushing his face. If I was Disney, I'd sue that bastard father right back.

The kid is obviously smiling, and continues to throughout, and Tigger in no way hauls back his fist to let fly like a person would who was really trying to punch someone. The kid's dad saw dollar signs after he watched the tape and said, "Hey, I think we could get something out of this" and convinced his son to play the part.

This is why worker's comp insurance is so high in this country, and why the courts are jammed with ridiculous cases.

How old is this kid? 17, 18? Grow up.

A Disney employee dressed as cartoon tiger Tigger is accused of punching a 14-year-old boy in Florida, a report says.

Yeah, he was probably being a little punk but I'm thinking if you get paid to dress in a huge Tigger suit you gotta be used to that.