Nikki Bacharach Suicide...

RonJonSurfer

Songwriter, Actress' Daughter Commits Suicide

Burt Bacharach and Angie Dickinson's daughter Nikki took her life Thursday. A statement reads, "She quietly and peacefully committed suicide to escape the ravages to her brain brought on by Asperger's."

The daughter of legendary songwriter Burt Bacharach committed suicide at her Thousand Oaks, Los Angeles home on Thursday night.

Nikki Bacharach, the daughter of Bacharach and actress Angie Dickinson, was diagnosed with Asperger Syndrome following her premature birth in 1966.

A statement reads, "She quietly and peacefully committed suicide to escape the ravages to her brain brought on by Asperger's."

Mike Feiler of the Ventura County coroner's office confirmed Nikki died of suffocation using a plastic bag and helium.

Her famous father documented her obsessive routines and extreme sensitivity to sounds, smells and tastes in his 1971 song "Nikki."

She was 40 years old.

Copyright World Entertainment News Network 2006

:( suicide is TRULY sad....the only bright spot is that she made it to 40..... my daughter was only 18 when she gave in.....i'm pretty sure you guys don't want to up with the language that comes out of my mouth....so, i'll just say...IT"S F*CKED UP.....i fight myself, everyday, to keep from doing it.......i don't fight for me, but for my loved ones, who have already been crushed by suicide. just like nikki, i can't live with the sh*t that goes on inside my head.....love and peace :rockon: :(

sadlady, some of my friends comitted suicide when they were 17, 18 or more. I am still in touch with some of their families and in some cases, their parents. They have other children and life have still a meaning for them; their kids and themselves. Life goes on when you have a family.

:( so very, very true, edna... but as time goes on, the family grows... but everyone notices that there are no "grandkids from heather" which really hurts, cuz she would have had a bunch!!! we have to be careful when we talk about her, cuz my oldest daughter has not explained any of this to her boys, who are 10, 9, and 7 years old. i feel that the boys are old enough to learn their family history, with all the downs, but they just tell them of the ups in life. love and peace :puppyeyes: :rockon: