My Yellow Submarine theory

hellopeople

TRIVIA

•Only females in the film Lucy are the skys and Eleanor Rigby.

•The submarine's chronometer stops in the Sea of Time at the year 2009.

•When Old Fred frantically presses various buttons to deploy some defense against the boxing beast in the Sea of Monsters, assorted paraphernalia appears from the Yellow Submarine, among them a banner which partially reads "THE ROLLING STONES!"

•Many of the Blue Meanies wear Mickey Mouse ears throughout the film, an obvious reference to the Walt Disney Company. This could be attributed to the Beatles failed relations with the company in years prior. Early versions of Disney's 1967 film 'The Jungle Book' featured music by the Beatles and the group themselves voicing the four vultures that appear near the end of that film. Disney and the Beatles argued over the direction of the film, resulting in the Beatles exiting the production. All that remains to suggest Beatle involvement in 'The Jungle Book' are the haircuts on the vultures, a shaggy 'mop top' stereotypical of the Beatles at the time.[citation needed]

•The Beatles mockumentary The Rutles spoofs the movie in the sequence "Cheese and Onions". The film's title is given as Yellow Submarine Sandwich. Glove is re-imagined as rocket-powered chattering teeth, and the doorway sequence is reused.

This article really makes it out like the movie is one of the most amazing and innovative things ever created. Kinda weird.

Though I don´t like Yellow Submarine (song nor movie) I must admitt it was quite "hype" for its time. It´s just a tale, very naive, very pop... very modern.