The Songfactors' Choice Top Ten #44

Farin

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

no now guys, we've almost used up the stones and beatles..... gotta leave room for the who and led zep

I know this was said in jest, but I find it intriguing that the four bands considered "supergroups" (by more people than CC)are all from Europe. I find it equally intriguing that of these four bands listed, I don't particularly like any of them. They've all got songs I sort of like, but I don't own a single CD by any of these.

Eagles and Fleetwood Mac are my two "supergroup" choices. And of course Roger Clyne. He's a supergroup all by himself. :grin:

This probably explains why I have had only two nominations in the Top Ten.

Carry on.

Why is this a ghastly nightmare? I'm just curious. This has been an ongoing subject of discussion for quite some time. Why not get it over with? Do you have an opinion on the subject, or just on the fact of the discussion itself? Again, I'm just curious....

Anytime now I'll wake up and find this was all just a ghastly nightmare.

b-f and I agree for once. I wish I'd never raised the matter. :P

Sorry, I don't agree with a SUPER Top Ten; one person's 'Super" is someone else's 'Blooper'. Anyway, Chris will be running the "ULTIMATE TOP TEN #2" after #50, so wouldn't we be 'doubling up' ?

Just about ANY song by the Beatles, Stones, etc. is always going to go close to #1. The only reason I chose Stairway To Heaven and Hotel California was because they were perpetually around #s 1 and 2 in the Songfacts Official Top Ten, and our rules at the time precluded them from nomination !

I don't know if I've still got the right, but I'm making an EXECUTIVE DECISION anyway, even at the risk of offending people and being autocratic.

Hotel California will be an Automatic Nomination for Top Ten #45, and Stairway To Heaven will also be for Top Ten #50.

(another wise and popular decision) :crazy:

That's fine! :) I wasn't thinking about now.... I meant in the future, maybe as a first anniversary thing....

Darryl, I'm just a filler in er. It's your baby!

Since that has been decided...on with Top Ten #45!

:thumbsup: :grin: :thumbsup:

and just recapping.....

sf_songfactorschoicetop10.jpg

The Songfactors' Choice Top Ten #44 for the week ending 7th January 2007

1. Ballad Of John And Yoko, The - The Beatles (1969)

2. Foxy Lady - Jimi Hendrix (1967)

3. Stray Cat Blues - The Rolling Stones (1968)

4. My Cherie Amour - Stevie Wonder (1969)

5. Scar Tissue - Red Hot Chili Peppers (1999)

6. Wooden Ships - Crosby, Stills and Nash (1969)

7. End, The - The Doors (1967)

8. Istanbul (not Constantinople) - They Might Be Giants (1990)

9. Take Five - The Dave Brubeck Quartet (1959)

10.Sara Smile - Hall and Oates (1975)

:)