The Songfactors' Choice Top Ten #44

Farin

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Great list! :thumbsup: A nice mix.

I think things are getting more interesting. The obvious songs have been eliminated, and more thought is going into it, for me anyway. I lot of deserving songs that maybe didn't make it the first time around, are now. That's a good thing! :)

After having lost my list, it's building back up, finally! :)

O.K. - I've just made a brief return to assist CeeCee with 'Every Song That's Made The Songfactors' Choice Top Ten', which we've now updated.

I'll get my two cents in here. There is a distinct reluctance to nominate Stairway To Heaven and Hotel California. I can understand that, because most of us wouldn't want to be seen as nominating (most likely) certain #1s.

I would have liked to have seen both songs as "AUTOMATIC NOMINATIONS" - Hotel California in Top Ten #45 and Stairway To Heaven -fittingly- in our Golden Top Ten #50. (Gee, who would have thought it would last this long ? Thank You !).

I don't think anyone would mind having their song runner up to either of those, so I don't believe I would be imposing my will, or "dictating" to you in suggesting this.

If you don't favour that idea, how about two people who like each song, but have never had a #1 before, nominating each of them ? Farin, CeeCee and I have dicussed this but left it open so far, so I'll leave it to you and them to decide what's best for YOUR Top Ten. There we are - it's there for your input.

Cheers All, Darryl

I wouldn't want to add anymore "rules", that's the whole point, right? However, these songs ( if you've been around 3 or 4 years as I) have always shown up with others coming and going. I'd kind of like to just get them out of the way....

It's our ten though. Opnions? WE mods can consider them..... then make our own decision anyway! :grin: I'm kidding. We'll put our thinking caps on for this one.....

I hate to see anyone waste nominations on songs that are probably going to make it anyway, you know?

Edited by Guest

I, myself, am thinking more along the lines of chris' suggestion...

if we should really decide this "Automatic nomination" thing, then at least give them some competition

or we could make a normal Top Ten and put the rule "Stairway makes it #1" and we just have to put our other Top Nine... :grin: :crazy: :P

okay, we talked some more and come up with another idea:

How about we make the Golden Ten #50 a "Supersong" one?

Everyone could think of the best songs they know and so we'd had a real competetion that would be worthy of our jubilee...

so how about it? We're open for all kinds of comments and suggestions :)

you are right cs, except that this happens occasionally already, and we all see that it sometimes detracts from the votes that a song shuld have gotten (when we all know it).

Maybe the idea is good, and just let the chips fall where they may....