Das foreignmusik

AmigaJoe

Some of the best music I've heard in the past few years has come from overseas. Streaming music stations on the web are a godsend! I'm especially enamored of the darkwave/gothic and gothic metal/progressive/symphonic sound from Scandinavia, which in turn has led me back to similar groups from right here in the states. This forum seems pretty U.S./UK -centric. Do you guys follow the music scene from more exotic locales? What's your favorite sound or group?

Edited by Guest

The only place I've heard much music from besides the USA's stuff is Japan. I don't really listen to much anymore because most of what I've heard pales in comparison to other stuff, but some of the bands I had an interest in at the time were Dir en Grey (heavy metal), the Brilliant Green (pop/rock), Younha (pop/rock), and Ellegarden (punk rock).

I still listen pretty often to a cross-genre composer named Yoko Kanno. Her songs are a lot of fun to listen to.

I like most kinds of German Rock music (obviously :grin:)

but I also like eg French Electronica (Daft Punk, St. Germain, Air) or Swedish Rock (The Cardigans, The Hives, The (International) Noise Conspiracy or Moneybrother)

and probably a few other styles from other countries as well :)

• 3 weeks later...