Sign in to follow this  
Mike

What brought you here? To Songfacts.

I saw RJ reference my entrance, but I missed so many of yours.

And forgive me if this has been addressed before, I could not find a thread.

I used to check Yahoo! Picks everyday, but one Friday, three years ago, I missed it, but I did check it out on Monday! I discovered this

Then later on I realised over "600" people had registered at Songfacts that weekend that's almost double the members!! From 800-1400!

May 20th. 2002 changed my life!!

This is the PREMIERE MUSIC SITE!!

How did you find us?

How did you find us?

well, I was groping in the dark one night... nevermind, that's a different story.

I googled for song lyrics, can't remember if it was "All I Know" or "My Eyes Adored You," and it brought me to this site. Took me a while to sign on (I'm shy) :grin: but I never turned back.

I found Songfacts after I googled some R.E.M. song...

don't remember which one

and a few months after that I came to the forum, because of "Hey, Pachuco" (thanks Laurie :thumbsup:)

I was always interested in song meanings and I thought there must be a website for it. So I googled song meanings, and there were a few options, but Song Facts was definately the best! It took me a while to register and figure out how to use it.

I have absolutely no idea. I don't even remember if my first post was just a random comment or if I was looking for a song.

The only thing I do remember is that after I'd left for a while and returned again, EA recognized me and I thought Hey, this is nice, so I stayed. I'd originally planned on just popping in once and then leaving again.

I was looking for a musical message board site that wasn't full of idiots and/or jerks, and I found one! :)

It is indeed a rarity.

My story is a friend at school used the site and told me about it, and I became hooked. I think my first post was really arrogant and rude :) . Needless to say, I think (hope) I have changed since then, and now I am a regular.

Edited by Guest

I think my first post was really arrogant and rude ... I think (hope) I have changed since then, and now I am a regular.

Unauthorized arrogance and rudeness is not allowed. Had you not become the un-arrogant and un-rude individual you are today, we would have had you taken care of long ago.

I found the site via Ask Yahoo. They had an article on Michelle by the Beatles, asking what the inspiration for the song was and whatnot. I poked around the main site a bit and then signed up on the boards hoping to gain some intriguing trinket of musical knowledge.

Little did I know the site was full of old people... :P

I found Songfacts via Google. I was searching for the meaning of some song, can't remember which, and Songfacts came up with my answer. On New Year's Day, no less!

So I've been here almost three years and its been interesting to watch the different groups of posters come and go.

1. Old people have more knowledge and practical experience with music than you young'uns.

2. We are only old in physical years.

:neener: :neener: :neener:

I found the site via Ask Yahoo. They had an article on Michelle by the Beatles, asking what the inspiration for the song was and whatnot. I poked around the main site a bit and then signed up on the boards hoping to gain some intriguing trinket of musical knowledge.

I got a question answered from ASK YAHOO once...

The link is right here!