The Songfactors' Choice Top Ten #43

Farin

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Midnight Confessions - The Grass Roots

Young Girl - Gary Puckett & The Union Gap

Two great 60s songs that will be high on my list. I know they're both re-noms, maybe yours RonJon?

:)

1. Randy Scouse Git ~ The Monkees

2. Beach Baby ~ First Class (yes, I'm nominating an even more bubblegum '70s song than RonJon's) :grin:

And certainly these as well. They're POP not bubblegum though, Shawna.

Indian Giver, 1,2,3 Red Light, Chewy Chewy, Sugar Sugar, Yummy Yummy Yummy, Goody Goody Gumdrops - now they're real Bubblegum.

ALSO for our U.K. friends (I don't know about the rest of Europe): Randy Scouse Git was released as "Alternate Title" in the U.K. and Australia. It was a big Hit Anglo/Australia, but not in the U.S. Maybe it wasn't released as a Single there ? I've suggested to Shawna that she show it as Randy Scouse Git/Alternate Title.

:)

I pop in here at odd times because it's hard to stay away, but I DO intend to leave (at least temporarily) after this Top Ten. I was leaving Two Top Tens ago, but as the last one received so few nominations I'm still here to lend my support.

I'd hate to see the Top Ten fold, although I'm not conceited enough to think it revolves around me. However, the few times I've logged in, I've seen people who were always regulars until recently, but didn't nominate last Ten and haven't yet this one.

I know that at least one of our good friends is ill (Godspeed your recovery Mate), Judo is headed over here to Australia, and everyone is pretty busy at this time of year.

However, please give Farin and Shawna your support. As Farin said, this will be the last regular Top Ten of 2006. You wouldn't want to miss being involved in that, would you ?

:P

ALSO for our U.K. friends (I don't know about the rest of Europe): Randy Scouse Git was released as "Alternate Title" in the U.K. and Australia. It was a big Hit Anglo/Australia, but not in the U.S. Maybe it wasn't released as a Single there ? I've suggested to Shawna that she show it as Randy Scouse Git/Alternate Title.

and with my memory being what it is, you expected me to remember? :crazy: :grin:

I have remedied the troublesome song title...

*ahem* your attention, puhleeze.

It appears that for some weird reason (blame it on the Minute Men, the Twilight Zone, alien encounter, your pick) the "Every Song That's Made The Songfactor's Choice Top Ten" thread isn't updating properly, so we haven't been able to update it fully with the Top Ten #42 list.

Please check the "Every Song" list, and also the Top Ten #42 thread, if you have a hankering to nominate something you think might already have made it (which would, of course, mean that you have exceptional musical taste) :grin:

Thank you. :)

Edited by Guest
had to fix my otherwise splendiforous verbiage, and add a shameless compliment to the text, in hopes that those who haven't nominated yet will be moved to do so post haste.

titanic_sinking_atlantic.jpg

DON'T LET THE TOP TEN SINK WITHOUT A TRACE !!!

HOW ABOUT SOME MORE NOMINATIONS PLEASE ???

I'm definitely leaving at the end of this week. I stuck around a couple of weeks to help the transition, but Farin and Shawna will take great care of you - IF you support them and give them the chance ! THANKS TO ALL THOSE WHO HAVE NOMINATED.

I'll change my nomination so I won't compete with Shawna (that crrrack had a menacing sound to it) :crazy: . My nominations are:

Victoria - The Kinks

The Only Living Boy In New York - Simon and Garfunkle

Dappled - there's no reason to change your nominations - Mary Mary and Randy Scouse Git are such completely different songs. So what they're by the same band - we've had lots of times where the same band has been nominated twice in the same Top Ten... :crazy: