A Hollies question and a Chicago question

Brandon8528

Hello I have two questions regarding the groups, Hollies and Chicago:

1. I was told that the Hollies' "The Day They Shot Sheriff Curly McGree" was another CCR soundalike. Does any one know about that song, or know where I can get a copy of it?

2. I went to my music class the other day and we heard a Blood, Sweat and Tears and Chicago song back to back: "Spinning Wheel" and "25 or 6 to 4". And, someone said that Chicago was pressed charges for doing "25 or 6 to 4", which was copied from another song. I don't know if that was the song or not? But, I think they were pressed charges for copying a Blood, Sweat and Tears. Once again, I don't know if that is the Chicago song he was talking about, but I could understand if he was talking about "Spinning Wheel" and "Saturday in the Park". But, did anyone heard anything about this?

Please help, thanks.

Brandon8528

Actually, folks. (To whoever views this). I was wrong about the Blood, Sweat and Tears/Chicago lawsuit. However, I was informed by my teacher that the guy said that there is a Green Day song which copied the riff of Chicago's "25 or 6 to 4". Sorry about the confusion folks.

Brandon8528

P.S. Does anyone know what Green Day song I'm talking about?

• 3 months later...