Bay City Rollers Song Inspired U2

RonJonSurfer

U2 Make Girls Scream With Bay City Rollers Tribute

Bono admits the group's first show was one of their most rewarding.

Rocker Bono's decision to cover a Bay City Rollers hit during the group's first ever show gave the Irish foursome a first taste of the adulation that was to come - because young girls started screaming at them.

The singer admits the group's first show, made up of Velvet Underground covers, was one of their most rewarding - and it was all thanks to scarf-waving Bay City Rollers fans.

He says, "Somebody said, `Let's play a Bay City Rollers song for the laugh' - actually that was me. I guess they were the boy band of the time.

"We weren't really playing that kind of music but we noticed that if we played the first few chords of this particular Bay City Rollers song all the girls would scream - and we liked that."

Copyright World Entertainment News Network 2006

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 years later...

BAY CITY ROLLERS - Greatest Hits (Release August 23 2010 by Sony Music)

One of the highest-selling UK acts of the 1970's, the Bay City Rollers swept the country with 'Rollermania' producing 2 UK No. 1 albums and 4 UK Top 5 albums. The band spawned 10 top ten hits, all of which are included in this Greatest Hits collection. With highlights including 'Bye Bye Baby', 'Shang-A-Lang', 'Summerlove Sensation', 'All of Me Loves All of You' and the track that made their popularity explode, 'Remember (Sha La La)'.

Bay City Rollers Discography

:)

BAY CITY ROLLERS - Greatest Hits (Release August 23 2010 by Sony Music)

One of the highest-selling UK acts of the 1970's, the Bay City Rollers swept the country with 'Rollermania' producing 2 UK No. 1 albums and 4 UK Top 5 albums. The band spawned 10 top ten hits, all of which are included in this Greatest Hits collection. With highlights including 'Bye Bye Baby', 'Shang-A-Lang', 'Summerlove Sensation', 'All of Me Loves All of You' and the track that made their popularity explode, 'Remember (Sha La La)'.

Bay City Rollers Discography

:)

do_not_want.jpg