Worst film?

Mike

TP's Stephen King thread gave me this thought...

What's (in your opinion) the worst film?

Attack of the killer tomatoes? <Yawn>

Anaconda really sucked.

Jaws 3 :sleepy:

All the Look who's talking sequels..

and far, far too many sequels to even mention!

"One Hour Photo"...I thought this movie was BEYOND lame! It had the potential to be scary, but ended up being a HUGE let down! :(

And...damn it...what is the name of the newest movie with Bill Murray? The one where he is in China...he is like a famous actor out there doing commercials for a certain type of Brandy and meets a young American girl and they become friends and :sleepy:...Give me a break! This movie was a SNOOZER!!!

"The Cat in the Hat" made me so mad. Dr. Suess and Mike Myers...who could intercourse that up? Whoever wrote and directed it, that's who. There was honestly ONE part that was halfway amusing, and the rest blew chunks. My husband and I kept looking at each other like "Is this going to get better?" We had to watch it all the way through, just in case a miracle happened and it got funny, but we were sorely mistaken. We have children dying of hunger on our streets, but we spend God knows how much money producing this trash. 'Tis a travesty... :(

It does not get any worse than HEARTBEEPS . :thumbsdown:

This movie starred Andy Kaufman and Bernadette Peters as two robots searching for love. When I went to go see this people actually got up and left the theatre before it was even halfway over!

The four star rating on IMDB is much too generous!

Any movie the Lifetime channel might show that is "Based on a true story". How many movies about date rape and teen pregnancy can actually be made?

The Sundance movie channel has also been getting on my nerves lately. Apparently whenever a gay man either comes out or gets aids, one of his friends will have a camera rolling, and will somehow get the footage made into a movie.

After watching the TV show, "South Park, Bigger, Longer, and Uncut" was a huge disappiontment. If you take 'South Park' out of the title it sound like a great role for John Bobbit to play. The real problem with the movie was that my expectations were so high after watching the show on TV. Like what happens when you read a book before seeing the movie. "Lord of the Rings" was an exception to that rule and I thought the movies were better than the books. Which is saying a lot for Peter Jackson when the 'trilogy' was my second favorite book(s) of all time.

"Catch 22" and "Bonfire of the Vanities" were simply horrible after reading the books. Again, expectations could have played a part, but many reviewers agreed with me on "Bonfire".

I really like skiing and so I'll end up watching any ski movie just in case it's good, or there might be some good ski footage. "Ski School", "Hot Dog", and "Aspen Extreme" all sucked.

I'm a big fan of Marisa Tomei and will watch most of her movies at least once. What happened with "The Guru"? So bad it should have ruined her career.

"Flawless" with Robert DeNiro was also really bad.

I don't like going to movies unless I feel it is something that needs to be seen on a big screen. The chairs are too uncomfortable. The last movie I saw in a theater was "Return of the King". I do watch a lot of cable TV.

Here's a question. If the Starz channel only provides quality programming why are they now showing the movie "Gigli"? Wasn't it voted the worst movie of last year? A little more truth in advertizing from the Starz channel would be nice. "If it sucks so bad that HBO, Cinemax, Showtime, and The Movie Channel won't show it, we will." "Sorority Boys" is also being shown on the Starz channel. :thumbsdown:

That was "Lost In Translation" It took place in Japan. I enjoyed it, but I could see how it would be a disappointment if one was expecting a typical Bill Murray type character (which I am a fan of.) I wont deny that looking at Scarlett Johanneson may have made the movie a little more tolerable...

Pshaw the South Park movie was genious, though the best part of the movie had to be the songs. (See I can tie a post in to music!) "shut your f****ing face uncle f*****er"

Me and my friends thought it was funny as hell.

I'm also gonna have to agree with MarcM on "Lost In Translation" Seeing Murray in a "serious" role was good, even though he was funny, just subtly.(probably not a word) But I'm one of those "cinema geeks" and I really like a good minimalist picture.

The biggest laugh I got from the South Park movie was from Mr Garrison after he said, "I dont trust anything that bleeds for five days and doesnt die."

One of the best worst movies ever is "Santa Claus Conquers the Martians." Remember the theme song "Hurray for Santee Claus?"

How vile.

www.badmovies.org/movies/santamars/

The theme is in the upper right hand corner at "play the song"

Pshaw the South Park movie was genious, though the best part of the movie had to be the songs.

And Scott and I disagree again. What a shock. I did agree with everything he wrote about Oasis when I was scanning all the posts I missed on my vacation. If you liked "Morning Glory", their third CD is even better. In a 'pitch meeting' I would call it, "Smashing Pumpkins meets the Beatles."

The singing was what I thought was the worst part of the movie. Sometimes South Park can use music well, like Cartman's hand puppet of Jennifer Lopes. Or the boy-band the guys formed. I didn't enjoy how the singing was used in the movie. For me, it wasn't that bad of a movie, only a disappointment after watching the show. I probably shouldn't have listed it on this post because it was not the worst film I have ever seen.

I felt cheated and slightly violated after watching "The Guru". It's hard to think of a worse movie that I would try and watch.

The 'career path not taken' known as "Pretty Woman" was 'pretty' bad when thinking about the message the movie sent to young women. "If you can't get a good job, become a whore, and maybe you will meet a rich guy." I'm not a feminist and don't believe women should have protected rights. I don't want to ever get a promotion simply because I am a woman. However, choosing prostitution as an alternative to education and getting a job should not be glorified. "Go to school for twenty years and you might never become a millionaire. Put on a short skirt and walk Sunset Blvd. and you can become one in a week." This movie might also be another reason I dislike Julia Roberts. All those teeth still make her look like a horse. I can't stand Richard Gere either; hmmm.

I see that Scott is still using my last name for his first name. :beady: Remember I'm older and was here first; try to be original. ::

And...damn it...what is the name of the newest movie with Bill Murray? The one where he is in China...he is like a famous actor out there doing commercials for a certain type of Brandy and meets a young American girl and they become friends and ...Give me a break! This movie was a SNOOZER!!!

Lost in Translation, it was a total over rated letdown, the reviews said it was Murray's best film, the problem is, there was no plot what-so-ever. It was mostly just a repetitive storyline going over & over again about him pitching a Japanese Whiskey, meeting a girl that's too young & way out of his league (she always complained and acted so depressed with no reason)& it faced little consequences.

Another terrible movie IMO was "You Got Served", the reviews said this movie had a script, but it's no where to be found, mostly just an incoherent piece of crap.

"From Justin to Kelly" was pretty lame, who cares about the American Idol winners, they still suck.

Glitter with Mariah Carey (I'm not even gonna get into this one)

Gigli was also pretty bad, but I didn't watch the entire film, the main stars have played in better films.

Battlefield Earth was pretty tasteless also, so was

Fear Dot Com (I couldn't make any sense out of this one). There's a bunch more, but I try to forget ever witnessing those lacklusters.

Anything by Michael Moore.

Really? I saw both 'Farenheit' and 'Bowling for Columbine', and I thought they were great! They were very funny and insightful. I'm sure that a lot of the statistics are skewed, but the other side probably skews stats too.

BTW, you aren't one of those people who dislike Moore because you think he "hates America" are you?

Oh, I forgot, worst movie.

Jack-ss the movie was stupid. It was too dumb for me, and thats coming out of Airplanes biggest fan!

The Alamo was dumb.

I really hated "Dude Wheres my Car"

I really hate anything Ashton Kutcher is in, especially "My Boss's daughter." Oh Zucker, why can't you make another movie as good as Airplane!