Sign in to follow this  
Kevin

Top 10 Songs You and Your parents Liked

My Dad used to sing "Once in love with Amy"-Larry Lang. I was very little and I just loved it, it made me feel special.

We also liked Neil Diamond. Other than that, nothing.

My Mom listened to the Beatles and more contemporary things.

My parents were into jazz, classic music, "chanson française", bossa nova... I didn´t like that, except for French music. I only liked rock music. Funny, my brother and sister were/are into everything and they shared taste in music with my parents, but not me. I was a bit of a rebel...

can't come up with ten right now, my brain is asleep... the rest of me can't sleep. but number one on the list is definitely.... drum roll, please :drummer: rock-a-bye your baby, with a dixie melody- aretha franklin. you could hear that song booming from our house, two blocks away. and that was in the '60's, before most people had good stereos to really turn up!!! :rockon:

Engelbert Humperdinck

James Last

Nat King Cole

Andy Williams

Henry Mancini

The Mantovani Orchestra

Perry Como

Herb Alpert & The Tijuana Brass

Ed Ames

Tom Jones

I draw the line, however, at Zamfir and Roger Whittaker.

Johnny Cash

Harry Belafonte

Hank Williams, Sr.

Ray Charles (God, I love this man)

Elvis

Chuck Berry

Little Richard

Eddy Arnold

Roy Orbison

I grew up listening to not only 80s music, but Classic Rock as well. My parents had a few good albums, including The Wall, and Alan Parsons Project's Eye In The Sky.

When I moved in with my grandma back in 2000, I found the whole collection in a closet. The Eye In The Sky album still had the indentations from when I tried to trace the Eye Of Horus several times when I was 8 or 9.

I think the album we all loved the most was The Wall. We even had the movie on VHS, and I wouuld put it on every day during the summer. When I was 8 or 9 years old. Good times, good times.

Edited by Guest