Top 10 Songs You and Your parents Liked

Kevin

My parents were Beatles fans and lot a great deal of their music (especially 1964-65, but also Hey Jude)

I recall my Dad trying to sing John Denver's "Country Roads" but only remembering the line "West Virginia..."

My Mom once made a point of telling me she really like "You Wear It Well" by Rod Stewart.

I, on the other hand, appreciate some of the Billy Vaughan and Boots Randolph big band and sax work...and Herb Albert. I have to draw a line at The Ray Coniff Singers.

My mom was a big fan of Herb Alpert, as am I. I remember the Whipped Cream album cover, very risque for the time...

Sinatra and Tony Bennett. My mom absolutely loved Tony Bennett, and I still do. His birthday special was on TV the other night. When he sang "The Shadow of Your Smile" it took me back to the age of 12, and made me smile.

Well when it comes to classic rock, my dad and I like a lot of the same things, which is great because I don't have to pay for my own concert tix (I certainly can't afford a $110 Rolling Stones ticket). Unfortunately, it takes a lot of forcing to get him to accept that there are good modern bands out there. I got him to like Flogging Molly, though.

My mom was a big fan of Herb Alpert, as am I. I remember the Whipped Cream album cover, very risque for the time...

Sinatra and Tony Bennett. My mom absolutely loved Tony Bennett, and I still do. His birthday special was on TV the other night. When he sang "The Shadow of Your Smile" it took me back to the age of 12, and made me smile.

CeeCee, My parents also listened to alot of Sinatra, Bennett, Bobby Darin...Etc....When I was a teen I was not too much into this music, but I really like it now...

My Mom liked the Beatles and Beach Boys, and she really liked the song "Old Time Rock and Roll" by Bob Seger :)

My parents were big into the Big Band sound. My dad was a musician (slap bass) and played in bands and combos in his youngeer days. I enjoyed listening to Glenn Miller, Benny Goodman, the Dorsey Bros., Count Basie, Sir Duke, et al., along with Mom 'n Dad.

Also, Sinatra, Bennett, Ella and Nat King Cole.

Mom liked some of the Doo Wop that my brother and I introduced into the home...like, The Rivieras, The Skyliners, The Flamingos, The Duprees, etc.

Dad enjoyed Classical (his dad played first trombone in the Philadelphia Orchestra under Leopold Stokowski). I have developed a love of Classical music also but never really shared it with Dad while he was alive. Pity.

Neither of my parents enjoyed much rock and roll beyond the novelty factor. They thought that most of it was silly.

My parents came to the states in the '60's, so my mother likes a lot of Motown, because she remembers hearing it on the radio at the time. I didn't know this until I started playing Motown around the house.

Both of them like Sinatra, and I learned to like him from them. My mother likes Basia. Dad likes a little rock...he had Fleetwood Mac's "Rumors" in his collection. They listened to a lot of the stuff we listened to, and would watch video shows with us, but I don't think there's one album from the 00's in their collection (not an American one, anyway).

Edited by Guest

Presley - "Suspicious Minds"

Orbison - "Pretty Woman"

Denver "Country Roads"

Cash "Folsom Prison Blues"

Redding "Dock Of The Bay"

Charles "I Can't Stop Loving You"

Williams "Jambalaya"

Arnold "Cattle Call"

Cline "Crazy"

Robinson "Tracks Of My Tears"

The ' James Last Orchestra ' anyone ?

A god given opportunity to wheel out the old joke....

Question:'What's the difference between a bull and the James Last Orchestra?'

Answer: The bull has the horns at the front...and the a**hole at the back!'

Boom Boom!

(I'm available for bar mitzvahs and parties at a venue near you)

:):)

*A guy that likes both Patsy Cline and Kiss?

You don't find that every day of the week folks!

:bow:

My folks and I both like ... at least... the following...

Herb Albert and the Tijuana brass(various hits)

Petula Clark (various hits)

Numerous classicals - Beethoven, Tchaikovsky, etc.

Paul Mauriat - Love is blue

Rogers and Hammerstein (various)

Jimmy Durante - Young at heart!!

• 1 month later...

I seem to have inherited a lot of my music taste from my parents after growing up on the classic rock radio station.

Dad and I particularly share:

Hotel California

Stairway To Heaven

and some punk stuff like the Sex Pistols.

He also knows random new music thanks to some of his younger work mates so he isn't as closeminded about music as mum can be...