Random Movie Thoughts

PSYCHOcatholic

• Replies 337
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

Tommy's father returns home, and the lover kills him.

Basically the album and the movie are Pete's attack on organized religion. Tommy is the "messiah", but when he tries to make the world listen to him, it backfires. Then at the end goes off on his own, and "hears the music".

Yeah, it's really far-fetched, but the music and the cast are great, and it's worth a viewing. I found it to be more enjoyable the second time, just because I knew what to expect. Definitely a rock and roll classic, but very strange.

I finally got the 25th anniversary edition of Pink Floyd's The Wall.

Freakin great! I finally got to see the outtake of "Hey You" I dont know why they didnt keep it in, the movie would have only been a few minutes longer with it. They coulda kept "The Show Must Go On" in it as well, hell, if Peter Jackson can do a three hour movie about midgets wizards and elves and keep us entertained. Pink Floyd could have done it.

BTW, The Making of The Wall, is really cool. I enjoyed it alot, and theres lots of information on it. Lots of cool extras.

I reccomend getting it if you havent already.

The Sting is one of my favorite films of all time. However there's a goof haha.. when it was set in, '37... (they made it in '71), they were still usin' letters for horses back then, they changed it in the late 60's/early 70's to numbers. In the movie they're using numbers. Ha, go figure.

That´s funny, I didn´t know that... it´s one of my favorite films too, I love to watch it every now and then.

... they were still usin' letters for horses back then, they changed it in the late 60's/early 70's to numbers. In the movie they're using numbers. Ha, go figure.

Do you mean to denote a race horse's post position?

You've really confused me. If that was changed, I'm pretty sure it must have happened earlier than the late 60s.