Random Movie Thoughts

PSYCHOcatholic

• Replies 337
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 4 weeks later...

I admit that I would be totally turned off if a guy admitted to liking Sense and Sensibility :P

I've been burned many-a-time for admitting to reading and liking some of this kind of fare: Wuthering Heights, The Age Of Innocence, The Awakening, Emily Dickinson's poetry. Hell, there are chicks out there who don't even know who Jane Austen, Louisa May Alcott, George Sand, George Eliot, and the Bronte sisters are (although I'd imagine if the Bronte sisters wrote in this day and age, they'd write fiction for Seventeen magazine hahah). Good is good, no matter what the genre and style are. I wouldn't watch 99% of chick flix because of their flat-out suckitude :beatnik:

• 4 weeks later...

I admit that I would be totally turned off if a guy admitted to liking Sense and Sensibility :P

That's a bit sad!! I love Jane Austen. Terrible to think that a guy has to dislike some of the greatest novels ever written in order to gain approval ;-) I also like stupid guy stuff like Matthew Reilly and geeky SciFi, but I turn to Jane Austen or Patrick O'Brian when I'm ready to be a grown up. Brontes are great too, but obviously not as much fun.

I'm really not sure what impact being a guy would have on the matter.

And for the record, I love When Harry Met Sally almost as much as I do The Godfather.

See ya,

LBBBB

Top 10 rated shows currently on the air.

1.House

2.Heroes

3.Lost

4.Gossip Girl

5.Family Guy

6.Grey's Anatomy

7.How I Met Your Mother

8.One Tree Hill

10.Desperate Housewives

T.V. is really sh*t then . Glad I'm not missing much as I only watch one of those programs .

1.House

2.Heroes

3.Lost

4.Gossip Girl

5.Family Guy

6.Grey's Anatomy

7.How I Met Your Mother

8.One Tree Hill

10.Desperate Housewives

Of these, I only watch Desperate Housewives. Seen episodes of Family Guy, How I Met Your Mother, and Grey's Anatomy here and there, never seen even a single episode of any of the others.

Top 10 rated shows currently on the air.

1.House - got bored of it 1st episode of season 3

2.Heroes - stopped watching mid season 3

3.Lost - stopped watching 3rd episode of season 3

4.Gossip Girl - ex oh ex oh loving it!

5.Family Guy - never seen (looks pants)

6.Grey's Anatomy - never seen (looks pants)

7.How I Met Your Mother - never heard of it

8.One Tree Hill - not even the hotties could keep me watching

9.24 - stopped watching... wait for it... season 3 :D

10.Desperate Housewives - don't have a TV so was forced to stop watching it. Never really got deep into it though.

The curse of Season 3! :laughing: