Random Movie Thoughts

PSYCHOcatholic

• 4 weeks later...
  • Replies 337
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Im gonna throw Parenthood in here...

The movie is great, ive watched many many times in the past 8 years at least.

The one thing that always sticks out of that movie is The Grandma, the oldest lady, shes so unbelievably old and shes kinda lost it, but shes really smart on the inside. Im referring to the speech/monologue she states about the Rollercoaster, comparing it to a merry go round, in turn comparing them to life.

[Gil has been complaining about his complicated life; Grandma wanders into the room]

Grandma: You know, when I was nineteen, Grandpa took me on a roller coaster.

Gil: Oh?

Grandma: Up, down, up, down. Oh, what a ride!

Gil: What a great story.

Grandma: I always wanted to go again. You know, it was just so interesting to me that a ride could make me so frightened, so scared, so sick, so excited, and so thrilled all together! Some didn't like it. They went on the merry-go-round. That just goes around. Nothing. I like the roller coaster. You get more out of it.

Karen: I happen to think your grandma is brilliant!

Gil: Oh Yeah, if shes so brilliant, why is she sitting in our neighbors car?!

• 2 weeks later...

I have a feeling the new movie with Jim Carey (The Number 23) is going to be pretty bad; he's too much of a nutty actor to do serious horror thriller roles, IMO.

Robin Williams has done a fairly decent job of freaking me out with his creepy roles...it will be interesting to see how Carey does.

" The Line Of Beauty " : A young gay middle -class Oxford graduate , now working on his PHD on Henry James , gets a taste of the posh life when he is invited to live in the Nottinghill home of his best friend , whose father is a rich, upper-class Tory MP during the Thatcher years . At first charmed by it all and an active participant in the family's lifestyle , he comes to see the 'ugliness ' beneath . Originally a 3 part BBC drama , it was presented here as a movie . 9/10

Bowie ?! How about the performance by Bauhaus ... and especially Deneuve and Sarandon in bed ? I think I wore out the rewind on my remote ! :googly: :laughing: Great sce... er... movie , Jane ! If I recall , though , they didn't bite but used some kind of Egyptian Ahnk(sps?) knife to slit their troats first , didn't they ?