The Songfactors' Choice Top Ten #41

OLD 55

• Replies 205
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

116 songs from 69 have been nominated (lists 1 - 39)and that's more than any other year, and no winner! Strange. Suite: Judy Blue Eyes, Pinball Wizard, and Bad Moon Rising came 2nd place (and so did Something in list 40) and they were beaten by Hush (1968), All Along the Watchtower (1968), and I'm A Believer (1966).

and please don't forget that the fabulous year of 1994 doesn't have a #1 either until now...

OK, before I go home, here are mine:

1. We've Got Tonight - Bob Seger

2. Brick House - The Commodores

3. Groove is in The Heart - DeeeLite

4. In Your Eyes - Peter Gabriel

5. Buddy Holly - Weezer

6. Back To Life - Soul II Soul

7. Love Child - The Supremes

8. Crazy - Gnarls Barkley

9. Live Forever - Oasis

10. These Boots are Made for Walking - Nancy Sinatra

Had to leave out one of my own noms AND Blister in the Sun :(

Thanks Jenny :)

sf_songfactorschoicetop10.jpg

The Songfactors' Choice Top Ten #41 for the week ending 3rd December 2006

1. Come Together - The Beatles (1969)

2. Whole Lotta Love - Led Zeppelin (1969)

3. These Boots Are Made For Walkin' - Nancy Sinatra (1966)

4. I Can See Clearly Now - Johnny Nash (1972)

5. Taxi - Harry Chapin (1972)

6. It's Too Late - Carole King (1971)

7. Our House - Madness (1982)

8. Conquistador - Procol Harum (1967)

9. Blister In The Sun - Violent Femmes (1983)

10.Common People - Pulp (1995)

:headphones:

Quite a good Top Ten with Madness, Pulp and The Violent Femmes making it, as well as "These Boots Were Made For Walking" (Didn't I nominate that once before? Or am I imagining that? I've certainly voted for it before...)

Congratulations Invisible R for sneaking "Common People" (another one I'm sure I've nominated before) into the Top 10. I guess that leaves me "bottom of the league". Ah, well.....

you did a couple of lists ago, and I complained because it didn't make it, and then Farin posted the video and people suddenly realised that they know and like the song!

and the moral of the story is, always try and post the song, people (and that includes me) are usually too lazy to look the song up!

Well, I didn't really follow the Points progress (Farin has been doing that for a long time now - thanks Mate), but I was sure Whole Lotta Love would make #1. A well balanced Top Ten.

Dappled won't mind that Come Together headed it, because he nominated both songs - a 1,2 finish for him. Where's that put you on the 'List' now Mate? And have I gotten to the Top of it yet ? :grin:

Seriously, I know you have records of all theses things Dappled, so can you let us know how many of this Top Ten are renominations please ? I think there's 3 for sure, possibly 4.

In fact, how about you make that a REGULAR FEATURE at the end of each Top Ten ? I've spoken to Farin and Shawna about it and we think it would be great !

:)

We can take that under advisement. :grin:

When's the last time we had a NO #1 top ten? I'm too lazy to look back...

Darryl answered my question - thanks :)

Now, I may not be new here, but I am new at this job. And before I was responsible for any of this, I never paid attention to the opinions bandied about regarding the No Number 1 Artists Top Tens, I just sort of went along with the flow.

So, my laziness (and lack of time to research) have compelled me to ask what you all think about the idea at this point. I know we have done this at least once before, but having never nominated a number one artist or song (and not likely to), I'm a little out of the loop.

Thrill me with your acumen.

Edited by Guest
had to amend my carnivorous habits.

Go for it. I plan on nominating one song from the 80's that a few people might vote for and one song from the 2000's that I doubt anyone will vote for, so it doesn't really effect me. Plus, as much as I love the Beatles, Stones, and Zeppelin, it would be nice to see someone else on top.

A YES from me Shawna to no #1s. :)Another alternative would be to just exclude those Artists who've have had more than one #1, i.e The Beatles, CCR, Jimi Hendrix, Led Zeppelin, The Rolling Stones and Simon & Garfunkel! Isn't the idea for doing this occasionally to give someone other than the Supergroups a chance to be #1 ?

However there's only been 30 Artists who've made #1 on our Top Tens. How many thousands of Artists/Groups does that leave us to choose from ? Please click to view Every Song That's Made The Songfactors' Choice Top Tens which Shawna's updated.

OUR #1s.

AEROSMITH

The ANIMALS

The BEACH BOYS

The BEATLES (7)

Chuck BERRY

CREAM

CREEDENCE CLEARWATER REVIVAL (2)

DEEP PURPLE

The DOORS

Marvin GAYE

Jimi HENDRIX (2)