The Songfactors' Choice Top Ten #41

OLD 55

WELCOME TO THE SONGFACTORS' CHOICE TOP TEN #41. :headphones:

EVERYONE IS MOST WELCOME TO PARTICIPATE. ALL YOU DO IS:

* Nominate two songs from 1950 to the present that haven't made the Ten before (please click to view Every Song That's Made The Songfactors' Choice Top Tens. There are NO other restrictions.

* When nominations close, choose your favorite Ten songs in order of preference from the Final Nominations and post them on here. Points are allotted 10 for your #1 song, 9 for #2, Etc. and our Top Ten is compiled from them.

PLEASE LET US HAVE YOUR NEW NOMINATIONS NOW ! :thumbsup:

:drummer:

• Replies 205
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks Lizard, b-f and Diggs ! You're great. Here's mine. These will be my last for some time, so here's a renomination of one of my all time feelgood songs + my third favorite Stones' song (behind Satisfaction and Paint It Black, of course).

I Can See Clearly Now - Johnny Nash

Little Red Rooster - The Rolling Stones

Edited by Guest

Come Together - The Beatles (Who is Old Flattop?)

According to wikipedia,

The song's history began with Lennon writing a song for Timothy Leary's failed gubernatorial campaign in California against Ronald Reagan, one which promptly ended when Leary was arrested for possession of marijuana. It was transformed by Lennon into a track with digs at McCartney and Harrison interspersed alongside tales of his Bagism movement with wife Yoko Ono. It was the subject of a lawsuit brought against Lennon by Chuck Berry's music publisher, Morris Levy, due to the fact that one line in "Come Together" closely resembled a line of Berry's You Can't Catch Me: (i.e. The Beatles' "Here come ol' flattop, he come groovin' up slowly" vs. Berry's "Here come up flattop, he was groovin' up with me"). After settling out of court, Lennon promised to record other songs owned by Levy, all of which were released on Lennon's 1975 album Rock 'n' Roll. Perhaps the song refers to the late eccentric billionaire Howard Hughes. Lines such as "hair down to his knees" and "shoot coca-cola" parallel the billionaire's behavior at the time this song was written. The line "Got to be good lookin cause he's so hard to see" could refer to the billionaire's reclusiveness.

I couldn´t access the main site, I know there are facts for this song in our Songfacts...

Edited by Guest