Top 10 Sing Along Songs

RonJonSurfer

My friends and I would drive around when I was in high school and sing to everything, but we loved to sing along with Bennie and The Jets. We would sing at the top of our lungs...B-b-b-b-b-b-Bennie and the Jetssssssssss!!!!

Wasn't it the 'Bbbbbbb...Bennie, Bennie....Bennie...Bennie Bbbbb...Bennie 'bits that did it...it was almost sad when you got to the end bit....a good example of a live version being ten times as good as the album. :)

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That was one of the best songs I have seen live. When I first saw Elton I was so excited and that song rocked the joint! And no I wasn't excited in that way over Elton! :blush:

Does anyone remember Elton singing this song on Soul Train? Was a big deal he was on the show, being a white artist, also David Bowie was on a show. I remember both, cool!

• 2 weeks later...

Just about anything by the Beatles...sometimes I try to imitate their British accents...badly. Poorly.

Hotel California

American Pie

The Load-Out/Stay (I sometimes throw my voice into high-pitch at the last verse of Stay)

Bohemian Rhapsody. Confess...who doesn't feel like imitating Wayne and Garth when it comes on? Especially at the guitar solo?

Stairway to Heaven

Sweet Home Alabama

Free Bird

A lot of Elton John's stuff.

Brain Damage/Eclipse by Pink Floyd. I will even recite the talking parts in the background. I'll do it with the entire Dark Side of the Moon album, if I'm listening to it.

As far as Beatles songs go, like I said just about all of them. I will sometimes even recite them, mainly to my dog, Rocky. You can figure out the rest. Mom called him that. I say the last lyric to him from time to time. I didn't name him, the shelter I rescued him from did. Where they got the name, I dont know.

Guns N' Roses did a cover of it, too. Not bad, not great. Either way the chorus goes:

"Now you're messin' with a,

A son of a b****

Now you're messin' with a son of a b****"

and it just kinda repeats... :tongue:

Someone could probably get a link for you if you asked nicely, unfortunately it won't be me due to technical problems with the computer I'm using.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 year later...