Stoner Movies

PSYCHOcatholic

Now, everybody has there favorite stoner movies...cause there are some pretty good ones out there, alot of them are stupid, but make you giggle.

Ill name the top three of my favorites in no particular order..

1.Fast Times at Ridgemont High---SEAN PENN FREAKIN HILARIOUS!

2.Dazed and Confused!! Matthew McConaughey "this is what i love about high school girls, as i get older, they stay the same age!"

3.I guess...Jay and Silent Bob movies...always classics.

This thread was inspired by Peaches post in Rate the Last Movie you Saw thread.

Ahh...finally i get to use my wonderful movie knowledge! Ill Use Harold and Kumar as my basis for comparison. Because if i used Cheech and Chong, it would be far too much for my little head.

A stoner film (or stoner movie) is colloquial term referring to a subgenre of movies depicting the use and/or the users of marijuana. Typically, such movies show marijuana use in an undemonized, comic, or even positive fashion, earning them a following as cult films. Marijuana use is one of the main themes, and inspires most of the action.

The Mission:

What i like about different movies is that there is always a easy quest that the stoners themselves must embark upon. Like in Harold and Kumar, these two guys get SOO high they get REALLY hungry so they go on a simple quest to go to White Castle, yet it takes all night and there night is hell with all kinds of things happening.

The Sex:

The stoners always talkin bout gettin some...but they never score or something bad happens. I.E. in H&K, they get ready to get it on with two british students at a college. They end up getting chased by a security guard and wind up in the girls bathroom. These two british girls end up having some stomach problems if you know what i mean, after eating tacos and burritos. So, they go into the stalls next to where Harold and Kumar are hiding. The two girls have BAD diarrhea and they start to play Battleshi*s its pretty funny but really disgusting. It ruins the mood for the boys and they run out with putrid looks of lost love.

Some stoner movies, however, do not share these common elements. Dazed and Confused, for example, focuses on an ensemble cast of characters and takes place entirely on the last day of school in a Texas suburb. This day-in-the-life movie does not involve a quest—at least in the sense described above—and is thus unique from most stoner films. Even so Dazed and Confused does contain some more common themes, such as adolescent rebellion and the oppressive nature one’s hometown can assume in those adolescent years.

If you really want to experience a true stoner movie, the first one i ever saw was Cheech and Chong: Up in Smoke!

Then it will hit you! Any of the movies we have really listed here. That, and movies that are great to get high too! ...not that i do that...

DRUGS ARE BAD MMKAY!!!

thanks for the info, Mr. Wikipedia ;)

that's what I (basically) thought of too...

so: "School of Rock"? "Pulp Fiction"?? "Full Metal Jacket"??? :confused: :stars:

Dang you caught me...yeah i used a little wiki...doesnt make me an addict! lol.

School of Rock...not sure...full metal jacket...still not sure...

Pulp Fiction DEFINITELY a low profile stoner movie kinda like Blow with Johnny Depp, its got the knowledge and the info. Its just like a drug type movie. And getting high and watching it IVE HEARD is really fun.

Ahh...finally i get to use my wonderful movie knowledge!

A stoner film (or stoner movie) is colloquial term referring to a subgenre of movies depicting the use and/or the users of marijuana. Typically, such movies show marijuana use in an undemonized, comic, or even positive fashion, earning them a following as cult films. Marijuana use is one of the main themes, and inspires most of the action.

The Mission:

What i like about different movies is that there is always a easy quest that the stoners themselves must embark upon. Like in Harold and Kumar, these two guys get SOO high they get REALLY hungry so they go on a simple quest to go to White Castle, yet it takes all night and there night is hell with all kinds of things happening.

DRUGS ARE BAD MMKAY!!!

:laughing: :laughing: :doh: :laughing: I was so stoned I thought you were talking about " The Mission" movie with Deniro and Irons and thought ' what the hell ?! ...

I am now writing a PM to Carl to state that you suffer from the disease of ... what's the medical term ... anyway ' one who starts too many silly threads inspired by mere brain farts , even if they resemble existing threads ' ( anyone know the name ? ) :D

Ahh...finally i get to use my wonderful movie knowledge! Ill Use Harold and Kumar as my basis for comparison. Because if i used Cheech and Chong, it would be far too much for my little head.

The Mission:

The Sex:

The stoners always talkin bout gettin some...but they never score or something bad happens. I.E. in H&K, they get ready to get it on with two british students at a college. They end up getting chased by a security guard and wind up in the girls bathroom. These two british girls end up having some stomach problems if you know what i mean, after eating tacos and burritos. So, they go into the stalls next to where Harold and Kumar are hiding. The two girls have BAD diarrhea and they start to play Battleshi*s its pretty funny but really disgusting. It ruins the mood for the boys and they run out with putrid looks of lost love.

Some stoner movies, however, do not share these common elements. Dazed and Confused, for example, focuses on an ensemble cast of characters and takes place entirely on the last day of school in a Texas suburb. This day-in-the-life movie does not involve a quest—at least in the sense described above—and is thus unique from most stoner films. Even so Dazed and Confused does contain some more common themes, such as adolescent rebellion and the oppressive nature one’s hometown can assume in those adolescent years.

If you really want to experience a true stoner movie, the first one i ever saw was Cheech and Chong: Up in Smoke!

Then it will hit you! Any of the movies we have really listed here. That, and movies that are great to get high too! ...not that i do that...

DRUGS ARE BAD MMKAY!!!

I have no idea what you just said, man :beatnik: