Songs about being away

skybluesky

I'm looking for songs about being away from home, songs about coming home or wanting to come home.

So far I have--

Homeward Bound-Simon & Garfunkel

I'm Your Captain-Grand Funk Railroad

Baby Please Come Home for Christmas-The Eagles

They don't have to be Christmas songs, or not Christmas songs, just songs about being away from home.

I'm Going Home - Ten Years After - made famous in the Woodstock movie

Six Days on the Road - Taj Mahal does a good version of this song

Swing Low Sweet Chariot

Sloop John B - Beach Boys

Take Me Home, Country Roads - John Denver

(There's No Place Like) Home for the Holidays - Perry Como

Home - Karla Bonoff

Not Necessarily Joyous Dept :

• Connection --- The Rolling Stones ... ' But all I want to do is to get back to you'
  • Comin' Back to Me --- Jefferson Airplane ... ' The shadow in the mist could have been anyone. I saw you. I saw you..'
  • Country Comfort --- Elton John ... ' Country comfort's in a truck that's going home'
  • Back To The Family --- Jethro Tull ... ' Everything I do is wrong, what the hell was i thinking ?'
  • Baby Come Back --- Player ... ' you can blame it all on me. I was wrong and I just can't live without you'

uh, that song by Beach Boys?:

The Sloop John B.

We sailed on the sloop John B.

My grandfather and me.

Round Nassau town we did roam.

Drinkin' all night

we got in a fight

I feel so breack-up

I want to go home.

So

hoist up the John B. sails

see how the mains'l's set

send for the captain ashore

let me go home!

Let me go home!

Let me go home!

I feel so break up

I want to go home!

The first mate he got drunk

Break up the people's trunk

Constable come aboard and take him away

Mr. Johnstone

please let me alone

I feel so break up

I want to go home!

So

hoist up the John B. sails

see how the mains'l's set

send for the captain ashore

let me go home!

Let me go home!

Let me go home!

I feel so break up

I want to go home!

The poor cook he got fits

Throw 'way all the girls

Then he took and eat up all o' my corn

Let me go home

I want to go home!

This is the worst trip since I been born!

So

hoist up the John B. sails ...

• “How You Gonna See Me Now,†Alice Cooper: "Just to let you know I'm gonna be home soon I'm kinda awkward and afraid Time has changed your point of view"

• “Ain't No Sunshine,†Bill Withers: "Ain't no sunshine when she's gone. It's not warm when she's away. Ain't no sunshine when she's gone and she's always gone too long anytime she goes away."

• “Sometimes A Fantasy,†Billy Joel: "I didn't want to do it but I got too lonely I had to call you up in the middle of the night I know it's awful hard to try to make love long distance"

• “It's Been a Long, Long Time,â€Bing Crosby with Les Paul : "Kiss me once, then kiss me twice Then kiss me once again It's been a long, long time"

• “I'll be home for Christmas,†Bing Crosby with Les Paul "I'll be home for Christmas

• If only in my dreams."

• “Traces,†Classics IV : "Traces of hope in the night That she'll come back and dry These, traces of tears From my eyes"

• “Midnight Train To Georgia,†Gladys Knight & The Pips: "I'll be with him On that midnight train to Georgia I'd rather live in his world, Than live without him in mine"

• “Without You,†Harry Nilsson: "No, I can't forget this evening, or your face as you were leaving"

• “Carolina In My Mind,†James Taylor: “In my mind I'm goin' to Carolinaâ€

• “Come Monday,†Jimmy Buffett: "Come Monday, it'll be alright. Come Monday, I'll be holding you tight"

• “Miss You So Badly,â€Jimmy Buffett: "And I, miss you so badly, girl I love you madly Feelin’ so sad now since I been gone, gone, gone It gets quite confusin’, it seems that I’m losin’ track of the long days since I been home"

• “Dust In The Wind,†Kansas: "Dust in the wind. All we are is dust in the wind."

• “Hurt So Bad,†Linda Ronstadt: “It's gonna hurt so bad if you walk away

• “Go Where You Wanna Go,†Mamas & Papas: "You don't understand that a girl like me can love just one man. Three thousand miles, that's how far you'll go"

• “24 Hours at a Time,†Marshall Tucker: "Woman you know that I miss you And I can't miss you no more I got this ride doing seventy miles an hour She's loaded she's down to the floor"

• “I Go Crazy,†Paul Davis: "But I never thought I'd really see you, I'd really see you again"

• “Reunited,†Peaches & Herb: "Reunited and it feels so good. Reunited 'cuz we understood There's one perfect fit and sugar this one is it"

• “Hold On I'm Comin',†Sam & Dave: "Hold on, cause I'm coming. Hold on, I'm coming"

• “Just My Imagination,†Temptations: “Every night on my knees I pray, dear lord, hear my plea, don't ever let another take her love from me or I would surely dieâ€

• “It Won't Be Long,†The Beatles: "Since you left me, I'm so alone, Now you're coming, you're coming on home"

• “P.S. I Love You,†The Beatles: "I'll be coming home again to you, love, And 'till the day I do, love. P.S., I love you"

• “Miss You,†The Rolling Stones: "Well I've been haunted in my sleep. You've been starring in my dreams. Lord I miss you"

• “Gimme Some Lovin',†The Spencer Davis Group: “I'm so glad we made it, I'm so glad we made it

• “The Boys Are Back In Town,†Thin Lizzy: "Guess who just got back today, Them wild-eyed boys that'd been away"