is having alot of albums a good or bad thing?

elie

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's from the greatest holiday movie of all time, A Christmas Story. The fudge reference is from a scene where Ralphie, the boy who is the main character of the film, and his father, a man who is notorious for his foul language, change a flat tire on the side of the road. Ralphie loses the nuts and bolts in the snow. As they show them flying through the air in slow motion, we see Ralphie shout out "Oh fudge!" In a brilliant voice over, you hear the grown up Ralphie say, "Only I didn't say "Fudge." I said THE word, the big one, the queen-mother of dirty words, the "F-dash-dash-dash" word!" It's the greatest scene ever in the history of cinema.

That brilliant voice over is Jean Shepherd the author of the book. He narrates the movie and has a cameo....he's the guy in line at the dept. store who says "Hey kid, the line ends here, it starts back there".

Apparently I have stepped into the wrong line at this store again. Here I make it to the front of THIS line and the little sign at the cash register says, "Movie scenes and quotes." I just came from the register with the little sign, "Leet and other irritating ways to post" and prior to that, "Moving threads to correct locations." All I came in here to find out is if a lot of albums is a good thing, or not.

Is the original poster asking whether owning a lot of albums is a good or bad thing, or whether releasing a lot of albums is a good or bad thing? For example, Santana has released over thirty albums, but does that make them better than Cream, who I believe only had three albums?

i say ...

That's not very specific... :P

ok let me clarify my self 1rst ime a boy

then i ment owning a lot of albums

the thing is you allwayse want to discover new music but on the other hands having lots of albums means you cant listen to them all and will probebly forget a few

The more the merrier - unless they're ones that you bought just because they were on the "Specials" table, like I did with Janet Jackson's "Design Of A Decade". I never listen to it. I do make a policy of 'rotating' my CDs, especially in the car. Trouble is I don't play my tapes anymore.

:)