Your Holiday Traditions

Lucky

We've done this before. With the beginning of the holiday season, I'm wondering, what traditions, good, bad, silly, or whatever, do you and your family have?

My kids and I kept one tradition going this year, that's been going for 30 years. Our local radio station has played Alices Restaurant every year on Thanksgiving at 12 noon, for the past 30 years. As young parents, we always listened, along with the kids. This was true, whether we were home, in the car, on the way to grandma's, whatever. If the adults forgot, the kids reminded us.

This year, we were not all together. At 11:55, I got a 3 way call from my kids. The fourth joined us online. We pulled up the stations website, listened, and all sang along to the entire 25 minute song. It was lovely, silly though it may seem, they all remembered. It's a sweet memory that I'll keep always.

OK, sappy, I know. But what do you and your family do?

We make a point of watching "National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation" every year I laugh just as hard as I did the first time I saw it....Oh and " A Christmas Story " also!....For Thanksgiving not really any special traditions...Just eat and watch football, or the guys usually watch football with their eyes closed and snoring....We will be putting up our Xmas Tree soon...The girls usually join in and we play our favorite Xmas CD's while decorating the tree...

That's really sweet and touching , Cee-Cee ! :thumbsup: Glad everyone felt enough ' family ' to pull it off . Think I'll throw in "Planes ,Trains , and Automobiles " and try and get some 'merican Thanksgiving feeling this afternoon.

Otherwise , it's just deep fried squid and octopus salad ( both lovely ! ) for this holiday ... :) :thumbsup:

St Pizza Day is when my sisters (and brother when he is in California) bring their families to my house and we trim our Christmas tree and eat pizza. This is the warm up to Christmas Eve when they and other family members come over and have dinner and open presents. This will be the first year at our new house and I am really looking forward to it. Drag that I have to leave at 9 to go to work.

My nephew is a Tucson police officer and had to work yesterday - Thanksgiving. He told my sister that a citizen had volunteered to bring the squad a turkey dinner.

So, since she couldn't be in Tucson to bring her son a turkey dinner at his police station, she fixed an entire turkey dinner (entree, sides, desserts, etc.) and we took it to our local police station yesterday.

The did seem a bit flummoxed, and took down names, addresses and phone numbers. I guess in case it was poisoned. :crazy:

My nephew is a Tucson police officer and had to work yesterday - Thanksgiving. He told my sister that a citizen had volunteered to bring the squad a turkey dinner.

So, since she couldn't be in Tucson to bring her son a turkey dinner at his police station, she fixed an entire turkey dinner (entree, sides, desserts, etc.) and we took it to our local police station yesterday.

The did seem a bit flummoxed, and took down names, addresses and phone numbers. I guess in case it was poisoned. :crazy:

My station's civilian support group brought in food for all three shifts, which was nice.

Shawna, maybe they took your sisters horsepower so that they could send a thank you card....