WANTED: Good Band Names

blind-fitter

You're thicker than you look, aren't you? ;)

If, indeed, the sentence is to be interpreted as an exhortation to those females here present to direct their occular equipment elsewhere, then a comma between the words "Ladies" and "avert" is more than preferable, it is essential. Privately, I owe Diggs much gratitude for highlighting this discrepancy. The omission of the comma renders the distressingly ambiguous phrase, "ladies avert your eyes". In making "ladies" the subject of the sentence, "avert" is, by implication, the active verb, (rather than the intended imperitive tense), with "your eyes" the object. This unholy construction renders a wholly unintended meaning, namely, something along these lines: Ladies are actively responsible (for unspecified reason) for your gaze being re-directed elsewhere. See?

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"Testicle Stretch" is part of the title of a piece of art by Joel-Peter Witkin ("Testicle Stretch And The Possibility Of A Crushed Face") and the title of a track by obscure 80s avant-garde vinyl-manglers Gum.

Testicle Stretch would be such a cool name for a band, but I'm concerned that it's been used twice before, albeit in different contexts.

S2V: I quite like the sound of Zendive. What's it mean?

Also, Kevin: "The Cusp of Mars" Does this have an interesting hidden meaning? I'm intrigued.

from Wikipedia :

The Fringe of Mo Mowlam talked a good game game , but were dead in their tracks before the band even started . Accordonist Blind-Fitter stated ' We was serious , ya know ... musicians and all that ' before he fell backwards banging off the next tables rounds off drinks . Words were exchanged and the band died an early death . They almost wrote the hit song ' JohnnyGuitar ,Yeah , he'll go far ' but the barman wanted to be paid and being short of funds , the band dispersed .