Kramer a racist?

MarcM

Mel Gibson Offers Disgraced Michael Richards His Support

"I feel really badly for the guy. He was obviously in a state of stress. You don't need to be inebriated to be bent out of shape. But my heart went out to the guy... I like him."

Mel Gibson has offered his support to disgraced actor Michael Richards, revealing he came close to writing a note to the former Seinfeld star after his racist rant in a Los Angeles comedy club.

The movie mogul, who made headlines this summer for making drunken anti-Semitic remarks to a California highway patrol cop, insists he knows what Richards is going through.

The comic is desperately trying to make amends with African-American groups after repeating the word "n**ger" in an angry rant aimed at two black hecklers during a recent show at The Laugh Factory.

Gibson tells Entertainment Weekly magazine, "I felt like sending Michael Richards a note. I feel really badly for the guy. He was obviously in a state of stress.

"You don't need to be inebriated to be bent out of shape. But my heart went out to the guy... I like him."

But Gibson remains a lone voice of support for Richards - Oscar nominee Queen Latifah has also weighed in with her verdict on the controversy.

She says, "It's always disappointing when you hear someone that you really like say something really stupid and really foul and wrong... You pray for people like him."

Copyright World Entertainment News Network 2006

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic