Bus Crash Kills 3 Alabama High Schoolers

PSYCHOcatholic

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/15816872/

My City...it happened in my city, you always say to yourself...it could never happen here...but it did.

My ex knew two of the girls that died...out of all my friends...i know of the three girls and some of my friends are directly affected by this. Its terrible, and its a bad tradgedy.

All because of a bad driver that decided to speed past the bus and cut it off causing the bus to swerve off the Interstate and fall 40 ft. nosedive down to the ground....

Ive been watching it all day, its depressing and its hit this city hard.

Read the link above....

Here are more links with video.

www.waff.com

www.whnt.com

Wish i had more to say...

Let me know if you guys heard about this today...

I certainly cannot think of a decent reason why they shouldn't. Over here in Australia, there have been many advertising campaigns promoting the wearing of seatbelts in cars, and yet buses do not have seatbelts here either.

It is awful to have such a tragedy so close to home. A young girl was murdered in a shopping centre toilet close to where I live just a few months ago.

Edited by Guest

Paul, I saw the story on the news this morning. How terrible. They showed the scene of the crash and the mangled bus. I will never understand why news people think it's necessary to show such graphic footage.

I've wondered why there are no seatbelts on buses, too. When my daughter is old enough to ride the bus, I'll have to find some way to strap her in.

Right now the count is up to Four.

If you remember Britt...she knows 3 of the four killed...we of course are close to Lee High School and ive been there many times...My heart goes out to everybody experiencing this in the world...today on the news there were 4 more bus crashes...1 a county away from here...another bus crash happened no students involved, just the driver, in new york a greyhound smashed into a semi injuring 12 people...in Florida im not exactly sure what happened but i know there was a bus crash...in CHINA...and get this...50 kids were on a bus that crashed and the driver didnt even have a license....i think all the drivers of buses are just on edge about things, and its making things worse...

All the kids would have survived that crash had it been for seatbelts.

The ONE thing we dont know is...how the busdriver, and im talkin about the one here...how he ended up on the overpass and all the kids and the bus ended up on the ground 40 ft below...supposedly they got the footage from the bus camera...not sure if they are gonna release it, but everytime they show footage of the bodies and stuff it just gives me chills.

Im praying and hoping nobody else dies. Hope you all will do the same as well. This doesnt make for a very good thanksgiving for the families.

School buses crashing is something you just can´t accept as something that does happen... kids should be safe and all measures to protect them are not enough. I´m more than sorry, paul... I was involved in a school bus crash myself when I was eleven or so, I was lucky enough to be just hurt, only a couple of months in bed... and to be here now to talk about it.

I don't know if the first sentence was directed at me, but if it was, I want to say that this is certainly not the way I intended it to sound. Of course you can't accept school buses crashing like that. Sorry if it came across differently.

Not at all, Fin, and I totally agree with you. :):)

Thankyou all for your thoughts and prayers.

Whats really startin to Urk me though is the media...They think it much better to cover a story like Kramer blowing up on people than all these incidents that NEED publicity so eventually maybe some people up in Washington will start to think..."hey, we need seatbelts in schoolbuses"

I cant believe i used to want to be a News Director. I tell you though, if i was, id give things like this due attention.

I don't think seatbelts would have done anything in this situation. I think the solution is a more difficult test to become a bus driver. It may not seem like an important job, but when you think about it, school buses hold the world's future, and you can't have any pretty good driver driving one.

I don't think seatbelts would have done anything in this situation. I think the solution is a more difficult test to become a bus driver. It may not seem like an important job, but when you think about it, school buses hold the world's future, and you can't have any pretty good driver driving one.

Tell that to the kids who where pulled out of the crumpled front of the bus and who where flung out threw the window all over the road...