The greatest stage moment in rock history

Mike

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nice opportunity for plugging one's blog, innit?

Pretty accurate what you wrote, though, I think.

You misspelled Daltrey.

my spelling sucks...but its a blog, it can be edited...I'm always plugging my blog, but not in an obnoxious way, I dont think. I just put the link at the end of most every post I make. Like this:

http://blog.myspace.com/paulewagemann

• 6 months later...

I saw them in (I think) 1975...I would have been 16 at the time....I waited out all night at the local mall...they had a Ticketron outlet and it was first come, first served...the line formed the night before and they started selling tix at 10 am. the show was at Madison Square Garden and, of course, it was fantastic.

That was awesome floyd!! What a great pic, now I remember why I had such a huge crush on Robert Plant. ;) Zeppelin, never will there be such a great kick azz band and I am glad I have the memory of seeing them in 1974!! :)

I wonder if there's a video of it. Maybe some of us should get together, and try and make a list of the greatest stage moments in rock history, because I know that those 2 would definately be on it!!.

You saw them in 74'?!. Cool!!. What was it like??. The disadvantage of being young for me is that I can't go see my fave bands live. But at least I have some Floyd and Zep DVD's. Pulse Live is great, and The Led Zeppelin DVD is great too.

It was awesome beyond words to do the experience justice. I was 13 and my girlfriend and I went to the concert with older guys, of course our parents didn't know and we were just overwhelemed. We were in the back, but just being in the same area as Zeppelin, oh my God!! I had chills and I was a little buzzed and it was just rockin'! And to me music is more than just listening, I feel you can be seduced by music, it is very powerful, sexual, and hypnotic. And when I see a band/artist I love, I am seduced and taken in heart, body, and soul. A great concert can be almost as good as making love, notice I said almost, but you can have that feeling of total satisfaction.

:headphones:

Thanks floyd! Those that know me here on SF know that I am very emotional and hippie-ish. And music is one of my greatest passions, it has helped me through so many things in my life. It runs through my veins and I don't ever want to have a day without music. That is one reason Janis is my favorite, I feel we are kindred souls and music was her friend and lover when she needed it to be.

Edna, will you take me to Altamont with you? I'll bring the brownies and sugar cubes.

:afro: :afro: :afro: :jester: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Of course, I´ll be happy to make that trip with both of you... :cool: but we´ll watch part of the concert from the backstage, if you don´t mind... :grin: then we can go back to the first rows.

Fin, you´ll love it too, believe me... :thumbsup:

I'd like to add a Bowie moment to this discussion. On July 5, 1973 at The Hammersmith Odeon, Bowie announces, "Of all the shows on the tour, this show will remain with us the longest. Because not only, not only is it the last show of the tour, but, it's the last show that we'll ever do." The band then plays "Rock and Roll Suicide" for the last time.

With that Bowie followed Ziggy to perfection "and when the kids had killed the man I had to break up the band". Ziggy Stardust was gone.

I'm bringing up my original post from last November...This was amazing.

Of course, I´ll be happy to make that trip with both of you... :cool: but we´ll watch part of the concert from the backstage, if you don´t mind... :grin: then we can go back to the first rows.

Fin, you´ll love it too, believe me... :thumbsup:

I'm sure. Backstage, first rows... how couldn't I? :cool: