The Songfactors' Choice Top Ten #40

Farin

• Replies 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We hope you're here then Judo, and that your medical tests are OK.

Unfortunately, we vetoed the giving of 10 and 9 Points for Nominators who didn't vote some time ago.

Sorry !!!

Also, you mean Elvis' 1975 Album "cover version" of Billy Swan's 1974 #1 Hit "I Can Help". I'd suggest you change it to Billy Swan's version - sure to be better known and get some votes.

:P

What a great song ! I didn't think anyone else would know it. Got my vote Kevin. Playin' solitaire tilll dawn, with a deck of 51...

:coolio:

Don't underestimate us Darryl! Even I know that song! My mum absolutely hates it, but I quite like the sentiments in the song :grin:

My nominations (drum roll please) :drummer:

Cherry Cherry - Neil Diamond

You're Gonna Kill That Girl - The Ramones

(Joey's response to The Beatles 'You're Gonna Lose That Girl')

Early 1966 Katie. :) I was in what was then a "country" town where the only 3 songs the local radio station seemed to play were "Flowers On The Wall", "Barbara Ann" and "These Boots Are Made For Walkin'". 40 years ago, and I weighed about 5 stone (70 pounds) less. Boarding house food !

I certainly haven't lost interest - I did see this thread last night, but I decided to nominate tonight.

No one seems to want to nominate songs from the Daily and Weekly lists yet, so I'll be the first:

Bohemian Rhapsody - Queen

And I'll add something that stands a chance of competing with it:

It's Only Rock 'n' Roll - The Rolling Stones

If my noms make numbers 1 and 2 - I will apologise if necessary. :)

Edited by Guest

Only 17 people have nominated so far ! I believe interest is waning in the Top Ten. I think you need some new blood to resurrect it, and I'll be making an announcement at the end of the Thread. Let's hope there's a rush of nominations in the next 12 hours.

:P

It's Thanksgiving week and I bet that causes people to 1) be busier than usual in getting work done 2) travel....

There may be ups and downs, but I think the top ten is truly something SF'ers love to do.

Now for my nominations for top Thanksgiving songs:

1) Over The river and thru the Woods

2) We Gather together

OK, you guys come up with 8 more....

Early 1966 Katie. :) I was in what was then a "country" town where the only 3 songs the local radio station seemed to play were "Flowers On The Wall", "Barbara Ann" and "These Boots Are Made For Walkin'". 40 years ago, and I weighed about 5 stone (70 pounds) less. Boarding house food !

40 years ago, the album I listened to over and over again was Revolver. I think i wore it out. The only time you could hear pop music on the radio was one lonely hour every Saturday (Swedish top ten) and 30 minutes on Tuesday and Thursday evenings (English and American top 20). Not much for a hungry teenager. But then there was Radio Luxemburg, which played pop around the clock, if you could tune it in.

What a magnificent pair!

Levis, I never realised you possessed such impeccable taste. :thumbsup:

Tsk... took you that long to figure it out.

Well, the Church may be a long shot, but I think the Breeders have a chance.

Vote the Breeders!! You know the song! And you know you like it!

Well, it seems that people are too busy with their Thanksgiving preparations, than to remember their poor old friends at the SF Top Ten's... ;) :grin:

No, seriously

you still have around 24 hours time to think of two cool songs and nominate them... :)

And if you feel that you'll be busy celebrating the rest of the week, it would be nice if you could find, say 10 minutes, between wednseday and friday to vote for your Top Ten :) :thumbsup:

:headphones: