Christmas shopping? What (and who) is on your list?

Ombre Vivante

I'm waiting to get paid, then I'm buying stuff from iwantoneofthose and making some stuff in spreadshirt. my list is always huge as I have a huge family; mom, dad, stepmom, stepdad, brother, sister, sister-in-law, nephew 1 and soon nephew 2, best friends 1 and 2, boyfriend. I used to buy presents for more of my friends but we phased it out

I make presents whenever I can. The little ones always get presents from me for christmas and birthday. This year I was planning to burn cds for everybody but my cd burner is broken so I guess I´ll have to think about something... cheap... :grin:

I always get presents from my friends and family...

Now that I have friends, what I spend on each person is getting smaller and smaller. It wouldn't have been a rarity long ago to sometimes go over-the-top with my little brothers and with my best friend, but with more people and less cashflow it's getting more difficult. Ironically, the only people who give me presents - my parents - hardly get anything from me (since I blow most my money on the kids). I figure this is an opportune time to randomly give people "thank you" gifts since they've been good to me throughout the year.

I only have one person finished on my list and no idea what to get anybody else! My husband says he wants "nothing", I have no idea what to get my parents, and when I asked my sister (who I'm done shopping for) what her boys wanted, she said she didn't know and rattled off a couple of DVDs. I gave them each two DVDs last year and would like to get a toy for each of them. Trouble is, they pretty much get everything they want throughout the year. AAARRGGH! My husband asked our older nephew (7) what he wanted and he said drums. NO WAY am I buying them for him. My sister will probably come and smash them over my head!

For me, I need shoes. I lack the female shoe loving gene and therefore don't go shoe shopping much. Almost all my shoes are old and out of style. I will probably also ask for gift cards for clothes or Amazon ones so I can expand my CD collection.

my goodness I have no idea what to get my parents! i have no money so I'll proberly make my mom a dress and make a desk-tidy for my dad coz boy! does his desk need it! I've asked for a guitar and a orange nothing else, but i don't know if i'll get them...

Edited by Guest
Missed something out!

My shopping list is trimmed to something meaningful for my kids, probably burn a CD of music I know means something. Lack of finances limits my actual shopping to my grandsons. This will mean lots of animal books, and DVD's, some type of new fishing gear, and whatever catches my eye for my little one.

I personally would like a nice pair of brown high heeled leather boots. Good ones. Not something you'd have someone else buy. Oh Santa!! Maybe I can talk them into a nice gift certificate! :)