Time Top 100 Albums

TheLizard

Connor, I agree with you on many things, but "Blonde on Blonde" (the first double album in rock history, 1966) has such an amount of gems ("I want you", "Just like a woman", "Stuck inside of Mobile", "Absolutelly Sweet Marie" or "One of us must know (Sooner or later)" that I suggest you give it a listen, unless you don´t like Dylan... ;)

I debated saying whether or not it was worthy for a little while. A few factors were judged, first of all I'm just a casual Dylan fan and second of all I think there were other albums more worthy than that. Not to take anything away from Dylan's work, but that's just how I felt.

However, I do believe that the Garth Brooks album should be on the list. I moved to Georgia a little before Brooks became mega-popular and I could definitely see the influence he singlehandedly brought to country music. He really ushered in a "new country" attitude to the masses.

My ruling on this was really biased and probably unfair, because I dislike country music a lot and personally think that making country music popular sending mankind back hundreds of years. Once again, personally there are other albums I could pick, but you do have a point.

Oh yeah - I think I'll finish by asking how on earth the people at Time magazine can judge Kanye West's influence such a short period of time after the album was released? Okay, maybe Kanye really is more creative and influential than other rappers in the world today, but I still think they should wait a few more years to judge how influential the album is.

Kanye has produced more so than create albums for himself. So the influence runs through many rap artists as well as other musicians.