Best Workout Songs

Kate1969

I'm an avid fitness buff, so I love to fill up my Mp3 player with techno for when I hit the treadmill. These are songs I wouldn't normally listen under any other circumstances. Here are a few I would suggest:

-Sandstorm by Darude

-Battleflag by Low Fidelity All Stars

-Madison Avenue- Don't Call me Baby

-

music from Amber, especially the song Sexual, which is about her crushing on a guy who just sees her as a friend, i hate when that happens, don't you? this song is great motivation to try to look so fabulous your boy -space- friend will drop his jaw when he sees what a hottie you are

Under the same thought concept as Nicole-"songs I wouldn't listen to otherwise". Here is my list of songs...

why dont you come with me little girl on a MAGIC CARPET RIDE -Steppenwolf

SONG 2 - BLUR WOOO HOOOO

BOOM - POD

[F-18 or other explosives not required for the above songs. They jam, and the links above are not meant for political purposes. They are there so you can download the video and listen to the full song to see if you like it.] :: :: ::

Higher Ground - Red Hot Chili Peppers

Good Vibrations - Marky Mark and the Funky Bunch

Seven Nation Army - White Stripes

Crazy - Seal

Gonna Make you Sweat (everybody dance now) -CC and the Music Factory

Pump up the Jam - Technotronic

Born to Run - Bruce Springsteen

Ray of Light - Madonna

Lose Yourself - Eminem

Crazy on You - Heart

Proud Mary - take your pick but Tina Turner has a very fast rhythm version-very good for cycling or running or aerobics.

Are You Going to Be My Girl - Jet

Thunderstruck - AC DC

Shake a Leg - AC DC

Also, when I was really into jogging, I would listen to the classical portions of the Rocky soundtrack while I was walking to the place to start my run (or while warming up). So as cheesy as it sounds there is a lot of material on that soundtrack.

Also, I love Gloria Estefan's song REACH. There is a "NBC Olympic Version" so it goes along with athletics. The lyrics are awesome and really drive a person to become more centered and go the distance.

Last but not least, another diva with an 'olympic' song is Linda Eder. The song is 'Gold'. She sang this to the performance by ice skater Kristy Yamaguchi during the opening ceremonies of the 2002 Olympic Ceremonies. It is worth looking into! ::

Cheers!

I listen to Rage Against the Machine when I work out on the punching bag. The first two albums are particulary good for letting out all that pent-up aggression on the poor, innocent canvas.

If I'm doing a lighter workout, like Pilates, I'll listen to 311, Green Day, or something else a bit upbeat.

• 4 weeks later...

These two songs will make you wanna go outside, take the roof down off of your car, and bomb it down the motorway / Freeway (depending on where you are) at 100 mph.

Or fill you with determination for what ever your doing, they were life savers during my GCSEs! :guitar: :headphones:

Ready to go - Republica

Elevation [Tomb Rader Remix] - U2

Oh 80's, what I'm I gonna do with you.

Just a still town girl on a saturday night, lookin' for the fight of her life

In the real-time world no one sees her at all, they all say she's crazy

Locking rhythms to the beat of her heart, changing woman into life

She has danced into the danger zone, when a dancer becomes a dance

It can cut you like a knife, if the gift becomes the fire

On a wire between will and what will be

She's a maniac, maniac on the floor

And she's dancing like she's never danced before

• 3 weeks later...

Off topic, but what do you all do to work out and how often, I have to do about 1 and a half workout each day, in the dance studio, which consists of..

Dancin' till it hurts

Sit-ups

push-ups

crunches (to try and get a good 'center')

and lots of leg streching and floor work..

What do you's do?

Off topic, but what do you all do to work out and how often, I have to do about 1 and a half workout each day, in the dance studio, which consists of..

Dancin' till it hurts

Sit-ups

push-ups

What do you's do?

Once school starts again full time for me, I work out about 4 days a week for at least one hour.

- I stretch for about 5 minutes.

- 50 crunches

- 75 push ups.

- Lotta running up and down stairs.

- Racing down ramps and running back up again.

- Dashing up really steep paths.

- Then going to the stadium and running/trotting one mile or go up and down the large stadium steps.

- Finish that up with more stretching, 20 more push ups, and 20 more crunches.

* The next day might combine some weights, more crunches, squats, and cycling *

I wear small weights on my ankles too :: You'd think they'd be easy to tug along until you get to the last 20 minutes - then they seem to weigh you down a lot! =:P

Dancin' till it hurts

Sit-ups

push-ups

What do you's do?

I do a daily workout split that lasts about 90 minutes during a 2 hour period, after drinking a protein powder milkshake blended with raw eggs. My workout consists of

Abdominal toning (wheel roller & crunching)

Bench Press (flat, incline, & with flyes)

Chest Stretching / Dips

Weight Lifting (dumbbells)

On alternate days, as I try not to work on various muscles during the same session, I go with

Cable rowing

Bending (barbells)

Squats

Laterals

Shrugs (dumbbell)

I also work on my pectorals, brachium, & splenius muscles during the same set, but that often time causes severe soreness. Sometimes, if I have energy at the end of the day, I'll do another workout that lasts about 30 minutes or so, right before going to bed.