The Songfactor's Choice Top Ten # 38

OLD 55

• Replies 256
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My pick, Maybe Better, came third but I didn't have a bet Katie. Those two Japanese horses killed 'em! Kevin will be happy. :)

Yeah, Delta Blues and Pop Rock! Reckon it's a sign of things to come. I didn't do any good, I had Mahtoume, Dizelle and Head Turner in the sweep. And speaking of sports, I'm looking forward to the Ashes, I think we're gonna crush those Poms :grin:

Edited by Guest

I take it that you're kidding, Blue Fish. The Barmy Army don't object to it - in fact a spokesman for them said it was O.K. to keep calling them Pommy Baskets.

BTW Pom is a derivative of the initials that your ancestors placed on our ancestors' ragged uniforms. Prisoner Of His Majesty. So if anyone is to be offended by it, it should be we downtrodden Australians !

:P

but they way it's said means that THEY are calling US Prisoners of Her (as it is now) Majesty. (i knew that by the way, i had to write an newspaper artical on it for RS ethics) but Yes, i was joking. Some people do get really offended by it though, the Barmy Army aren't the only English people at/watching the game.

Uh Katie? sorry to be a kill joy, but i actully take offence at the name "Pom". I may want to move to America, but i love our Queen dearly and that offends me.

Bluefish, get over yourself. It so happens that I descend from English criminals myself. I am in no way insulting our Queen (she's our head of state too). Pom isn't derogatory at all. I think you're quite rude actually, and that offends me.

It so happens that I descend from English criminals myself.

I guess all of us born in any sort of former colony have some criminal ancestor... I don´t know about mine but "la crème de la crème" founded America, Australia and other great places...

:)

My best Mate (best man at our Wedding) is a Pom. He's OK. :)

Anyway, I'M descended from Vikings, my Uncle tells me. Our name used to be Nillson (like Harry)and was changed to Wilson. If I didn't get seasick, I could be out plundering, pillaging and all the other perks of being a Viking (but I'd have to ask my Wife first).

;)