Is music really that powerful??

Blue Fish

I don't get in bad moods, and for stress relief i meditate or do Chi balancing exercises. If i'm feeling sad listening to Dry your eyes by the Streets helps me, or people ain't no good...or making my own music. it is only temperary relief though when the song ends i feel down again...

Music is powerful, but in different ways for everyone. It has been a big part of my life ever since I can remember. I can't imagine my day without music in it. And it is usually in most of my day. It can make me feel so many different emotions depending on my mood and the song. And the way a song can bring back a memory and take you back to that place in time, is amazing. My repsect for musical artists is immense, they bring so much to our world. And when I have a crappy day at work, I look forward to getting in my car and cranking out some good old rock and roll to sing along with and just feel reved up!

I suppose in a way music is very very powerful, if you are sensitive to that kinda thing. So for someone like me, music is powerful as a way to release emotion without people nesserciry realizing, so if I'm angry a put a angry song on, if happy and happy song but it doesn't change my actule mood, it's a good way of expressing it though. ( by the way, welcome to you Honeybrown! :))

• 2 weeks later...

Music alone, maybe not, words+music can FUBAR the status quo! Aaron Copland's "Lincoln Portrait" had a very interesting effect upon a whole country. While Aaron Copland was on a goodwill tour of Latin America, it happened that a performance of "Lincoln Portrait" had a fiery actress narrating the text in Spanish to an outdoor stadium audience. The local dictator, who had kept out of sight, made an appearance this day. When the final words "And that the government of the people, by the people, and for the people shall not perish from the earth" were spoken, the 6,000 people at the concert rose up against the dictator. So it happened in 1950's Venezuela. :beatnik: