Random Sports and Sport Talk

PSYCHOcatholic

If anybody saw yesterday's USA Today...(well, it doesn't matter if you saw it, since it was there regardless.)

The cover story in the sports section was on the college I went to, Winthrop. Namely the basketball team, which is 26-4 after last night's opening win in the Big South tournament. They're the only, I think, team with an unbeaten conference record, and they're expected to be a big sleeper in the big tournament this year. They've gone maybe the last 6 years, but have never won a game. They were a 15 seed last year, and lost to the #2 seed Tennessee on a desperation 3-pointer at the buzzer.

Anyhoo, I thought it was cool that my school was featured in such a way. I live there still, so it was nice promotion for my quaint little town.

See? They're getting it wrong. No wonder they don't play soccer. It'd be too difficult not to use their hands.

Maradona helped 'win ' a World Cup with his ... ;)

So another thing : no slo-mo replays or questioning of the refs judgement -in big games ! ... :P

• 2 weeks later...

Dude, you are in so much trouble. Winthrop is das' alma mater. He's not here today, but he is not going to be happy with you on Monday. Unless they get beat...then he probably won't say anything at all. :grin:

Go Flaming A-holes!

Incidentally, my alma mater, Central CT State University got their a$$es handed to them on a silver platter. I honestly can't believe they made it to the tourney. My friggin' beloved UCONN Huskies didn't even make it that far. :doh: