Random Sports and Sport Talk

PSYCHOcatholic

Speaking of the Cubs, we were recently cleaning out my in-laws house (they both died over the last two years) and I found some Cubs memorabilia in my father-in-laws file. He had a bunch of Army photos pasted on a piece of cardboard and along with it was a sheet of paper that said "To My Soldier Friend" and it was autographed by at least 16 of the 1944 Chicago Cubs. The most famous name was Eddie Stanky, but I looked them up and it appears to be many of the players from the 43-44 years.

I assume there is some valus, and I'll get it checked out...pretty neat though. BTW, my father-in-law was a Brooklyn Dodgers fan back then, not a Cubs fan.

Went to the DBacks - Dodgers season final, the other night. It was nowhere near of a good game as the one the night before. 1-1 going into overtime, Dodgers score 5 more runs, then the DBacks get a walk off grand slam to win it 7-6. Only the fourth time in MLB history that a walk off grand slam wins the game, first time was in 1925 by Babe Ruth.

^And the first time ever a team scored six runs to come back and win in extra innings.

Nice job, D-Backs! I'll be rooting for them, but I don't think they have a snowball's chance in hell.

:afro: :afro: :afro: :jester: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

I didn't know they were the first :coolio:

I think they could possibly get past Milwaukee, they are a better road team, but they won't do anything against Philly, if that's what it results into