Random Sports and Sport Talk

PSYCHOcatholic

Congrats to any Packers fans out there. If the Steelers don't Fubar the kick return at the end (starting at the 12 instead of the 35 and blowing the 2 minute warning), I think they could have pulled off a game-winner. But great effort by the Packers holding on with key guys hurt.

This Super Bowl featured the worst music performances ever I think. Christina tried to be bigger than the national anthem and instead of going with what was on her heart, she was in her head. She shouldn't have tried to change the lyrics either.

Black Eyed Peas were just terrible, especially Fergie's voice. Slash was the only good thing about this mess of a halftime show.

I kept hoping for a Fergie wardrobe malfunction, which I guess would've been an electrical shortage. :crazy:

• 4 weeks later...

One way or another I'm sure we'll have a league going. It doesn't take much to set one up on Yahoo. If Kevin isn't around to help us out, we'll just have to figure it out.

I've been commissioner of a few fantasy leagues on yahoo in the past. I know how it works pretty well. If no one else wants to, I wouldn't mind being commissioner.

• 3 weeks later...

I'm getting tired of this NFL lockout business. If both sides can't agree how to split 9 billion dollars evenly, than it's obvious neither one cares about the fans.

Agreed. It's getting obnoxious. Though some of the things the NFL was asking for was a bit ridiculous. Extending the season two games, lowering workman's comp drastically for injured players, demanding 100% of all profits above unrealistically low predictions.

That among others. It's just greed and I'm getting pretty sick of it.

• 2 weeks later...

NBA Playoffs yall! Anyone want to make predictions? I already have:

Bulls over Pacers in 4

Heat over 76ers in 6

Celtics over Knicks in 6

Magic over Hawks in 7

-

Spurs over Grizzlies in 6

Lakers over Hornets in 5

Blazers over Mavs in 7

Thunder over Nuggets in 7

Bulls over Magic in 6

Celtics over Heat in 6

-

Spurs over Thunder in 7

Lakers over Blazers in 6

Bulls over Celtics in 7

-

Lakers over Spurs in 6

FINALS: Lakers over Bulls in 7. But I really don't want this to happen. I honestly think Blazers have the biggest upset potential out of all the upsetters, and that's not just cuz I'm a fan. They've got all kinds of big lanky forwards to mess with Dirk. I can't wait to watch. Other than the Blazers the team I'd like to see go furthest would have to be OKC. Westbrook was my best fantasy guy this year plus I think he's a badass. And seeing Durant win a championship would kind of be like seeing the alternate universe Blazers winning a championship. Another world where meniscus flows like waterfalls.