Random Sports and Sport Talk

PSYCHOcatholic

Please join me in a moment of silence for the poor, departed Mr. Peaches. I've lost him once again to college football but anticipate his return sometime in January. Cripes.

I'm thinking this should be a moment of silence for the poor Mrs. Peaches, since Mr. Peaches is probably having himself a great time! ;)

San Diego deserves better owners...

Whoever owns the Padres is an idiot. Never paying for players, high prices at the stadium for inferior product.

Year After Year.

The Spanos family owns the Chargers and they don't know how to hire a Good general manager.

They will go to Los Angeles in the next year or two. They have known that for 10 years. San Diego city for it's part, should have built a new stadium next door 10 years ago and everything would be better today.

I feel sorry for San Diego sports fans.

Dear Padres fans,

My name is Ben. I'm an Orioles fan. I've been an Orioles fan all of my life. We haven't had a winning season in 14 years now. Yes, that's right, 14 straight years of being one of the worst teams in baseball. Before this year, when was your last winning season? That's right, 2007. Mhmm. In fact, you've had quite a few winning seasons this decade. How many have we Orioles fans had? Oh yea, none.

So in short, count your blessings Padres fans. You could be the Orioles.

Love,

-Ben :D

:laughing: :laughing:

Actually a true winning season was a far away as '98 I think. I dunno, I'm a transplant. I'm a true Cardinals fan. Try that one on. Going from a team that is at least in the running almost every year to ..... this. But they're doing better, so go Padres! And Ben, you do have my sympathies. :D

By winning I mean a season with an overall record over .500

Yea, maybe I have low standards for a "winning" season but, again, I'm an Orioles fan.

This season was so disappointing for me as an O's fan. We were supposed to develop our star pitchers this year (Brian Matusz, Brad Bergesen, Jake Arrieta), bring in a veteran to help them along (Kevin Millwood), develop our power hitting left fielder (Nolan Reimold) and have a better team this year.

What happened? Reimold got sent down as soon as possible, all the pitchers had quite disappointing years, certainly not to their potential (though they look a bit better now) and our Gold Glove center fielder (Adam Jones) got lazy. Or at least started to until Showalter showed up. On the upside, Luke Scott and Ty Wigginton (our all-star this year) had one of the best seasons of their careers. Not saying much but it's better than nothing.

And you know what killed me? Beginning of the year here was our team:

Pitcher: Kevin Millwood (pitched a no-hitter once)

Catcher: Matt Wieters (the most sought-after prospect. Supposedly the next Johnny Bench)

First Base: Ty Wigginton (always been relatively solid)

Second Base: Brian Roberts (all-star, considered to be a great second baseman)

Shortstop: Cesar Izturis (Gold Glove winner)

Third Base: Miguel Tejada (former MVP)

Outfield: Nolan Reimold (highly rated prospect), Adam Jones (Gold Glove winner), Nick Markakis (one of the best right fielders in the game).

That's not to include our pitching prospects, namely Matusz who was supposed to be second only to Steven Strausburg

And what did we do with that? We started a pace that could've ended up being the worst record in the history of baseball.

And even if the Padres last winning season was '98, ours was '97. Last World Series was '83.

Ugh. My poor Orioles :(