Random Sports and Sport Talk

PSYCHOcatholic

Sorry guys, I've been slacking. I'll get a fantasy baseball league up soon.

Do we want to do two different leagues like last year, a points and a head to head? I personally prefer head to head but whatever is fine by me.

If you decide on two, I'll play both, but if you go with just one, I prefer head to head as well. Thanks for putting it together Rocky!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...

My gritty little Arizona State Sun Devils play Tim's Fighting Irish this week in Dallas. I just hope we hold our own against Notre Dame. Though Tim and I share the same birthday, we are friendly rivals this week. Good luck, Tim.

My cousin has a kid in each school. She's torn, of course, but Dad like the Irish.

• 2 weeks later...

This is the kind of 'journalism' you get when hack internet writers HAVE to come up with topics for their sites and stats are allowed to lord it over everything else. It is at least superior to a number of Yahoo! sports columns I've read this year going on for 3 or four paragraphs + -and video- which show an ump missing a close call or a player celebrating a play which is far from unusual, etc.,but with a big teaser headline .

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nfl-shutdown-corner/computer-simulation-says-manning-family-better-luck-family-173345514--nfl.html

Edited by Guest

• 2 weeks later...

Game 2 of the World Series. Sox take the lead on an impressive home run by David Ortiz. All is well until some friends and family start one of those text message conversations about "Big Poppy!"

Of course, the Sox blow the lead and lose the game.

To this point, the Red Sox had defeated the Cardinals in 5 consecutive World Series games and were winning in the 6th. Now, they may never beat them again.

OK, that turned around pretty fast. After taking 2 games off, the Sox found their mojo and once again used it on the Cards.

I am ecstatic about this victory, but as a longtime Sox fan, it feels a little awkward to be winning championships at regular intervals - that's what The Yankees used to do. :afro: