Random Sports and Sport Talk

PSYCHOcatholic

• 4 weeks later...

Saints coach Sean Payton is suspended for the whole season without pay for the team placing bounties on Quarterbacks. I think this will ruin their chances at being a serious playoff contender.

Tebow is now a Jet and the Eagles got a steal with the DeMeco Ryans trade for a 4th round pick.

• 2 months later...

I follow football... the beautiful game! :bow:

Poland and Greece play to a draw & Russians laid a beating on the Czech's in opening day match. Not much surprise.

I'm still upset that Belgium didn't make it. At least Netherlands are there to represent low-lands.

I'm predicting German victory over Portugal today and draw in Denmark v. Holland.

Times like this I wish I had TV :doh:

either Germany or Spain will become European Champion (of course I'm rooting for Germany obviously ;) )

in last night's match, they didn't really play perfectly and some luck was involved, but in the end it's the victory that counts.

I thought being part of the SF baseball fantasy league would get me interested in baseball but I just concern myself with my own players stats. I still find baseball too slow and boring for my tastes. :crazy:

Did your Kings win the Stanley Cup yet, Marc? Football season is coming so they'd better do it soon! :laughing:

When I was a kid and watching baseball with my dad. I used to root for the Montreal Expos. I'd fall asleep by the 3rd or 4th inning.

As a teenager working on the farm I'd watch baseball with my uncle. I decided to root for the Brewers. It still didn't hold my attention for more than 6 innings...

About 10 years ago I tried again, rooting for the Twinkies but I still couldn't stay awake. :tongue:

Meh... I prefer my underdogs. A few(?) years ago when Lincecum was a rook I tried to watch his games... I ended up watching highlights on Sportscentre. I simply can't get into it. Not enough action. As a former racer and a hockey player I'm used to more of a rush in sports. I can't watch a guy scratch himself for 5 minutes while he decides which pitch to throw. Too slow. :puppyeyes: