Random Sports and Sport Talk

PSYCHOcatholic

Bradshaw is a perfect example of this, overrated mediocre quarterback who had hall of fame talent surrounding him. It was their defense that won 4 super bowls.

Absolutely. Bradshaw was just competent enough to not be terrible. Archie Manning was a much better QB than Bradshaw. But no one cares about Manning.

• 1 month later...

:(

It's a sad day for St Louis. I'm not exaggerating, The Cardinals/Albert Pujols are each in their own way such a huge deal in that town. I honestly almost cried over this. I can't hold it against Albert, but his decision makes me sad. The Cardinals' organization's decision just ticks me off. They could have matched that deal. They just chose not to. Business or not, you don't let go of an icon. :P

In a lesser way, The Mets losing Jose Reyes is a sad day for Mets fans. In both cases the teams are at fault...but just once I'd like to see a player take less out of loyalty, tradition, or team pride...anything...it never happens.

I've seen guys take less to go to the team of their choice, but never less to stay with the team that helped make them what they are.

Pujols signs with The Angels. Didn't see THAT coming.

I did! I said just yesterday that if he doesn't sign with St. Louis, there were only two other teams he could sign with....The Angels or the Rangers. I'm not surprised at all.

....but "it's not about the money".... :doh:

(At least he didn't sign with the Yankees.)

:afro: :afro: :afro: :thumbsdown: :thumbsdown:

Alright!!

I think we get the Angel games on the sports channels.

:cool:

That does not cheer me up at all. :shades:

I have this little Albert Pujols action figure that I keep on my desk at work. I made a little paper bag for him to wear over his head for the foreseeable future. :P

Albert should have signed for a little less money per year and stayed in St. Louis and had a statue in 15 years right behind Stan the Man. Whether you make $132,000 a game or $115,000 a game for the next 10 years seems moot to stay a God in St. Louis.

Not many players stay with their team forever. Perhaps you don't remember the days of Frank Robinson in a Dodgers jersey? Johnny Unitas on the Chargers? Joe Namath with the Rams? Hank Aaron with the Brewers?

I mean, not every great player stays with their team their whole career. Whereas I think Pujols probably should have stayed in St. Louis, it's not necessarily the norm for players to do that.

In the old days there's many players who flourished their whole careers with one team. ;)

Each player as he reaches the time to sign a new contract or extension has to deal with the business part of his sport. Each sport has a different take on what form of slavery the owners impose of the players.

In the old days, when an owner decided that a player was dispensable, sometimes that player needed the juice of playing elsewhere or for the money for another season or two.

Perhaps you don't remember the days of Frank Robinson in a Dodgers jersey? Johnny Unitas on the Chargers? Joe Namath with the Rams? Hank Aaron with the Brewers?

I do remember. :cool: