Random Sports and Sport Talk

PSYCHOcatholic

Linda McMahon is going to be the next senator in Connecticut, so we got a great story this morning about steps she's taken to improve safety at the WWE, which has resulted in fewer chair shots:

"Requiring padded helmets in training sessions, tripling the thickness of floor mats and requiring punches to be practiced on dummies in the developmental league. It also tightened its policy banning the use of folding chairs or props to strike an opponent in the head."

Giants in the World Series. I really think this is SF's year. So excited!

Great great great world series matchup. Two underdogs who nobody thought would make it this far. And to think it was just a few games away from a repeat of last year.

And if the Ducks can beat Oregon State in a few weeks then we're going to the national title game! This could end up being my best year as a sports fan ever!

Giants in the World Series. I really think this is SF's year. So excited!

Buster Posey is a south Georgia boy from around my neck of the woods. I work with his uncle. I swear before God/Allah/Yaweh/Hasselhoff, if I hear that child's name one more *&^%-ing time I will terminate everyone around me with extreme prejudice.

Just sayin'...

I'm a Red Sox guy, and even I got a little sick of the Red Sox this year - and I'm more than sick of the Yankees.

Good for Texas and SF - this is kind of a throwback World Series to when teams like Kansas City and Pittsburgh used to be in it. And those were great World Seriesesssss.

The Oregon Ducks get very little respect from the BCS computer standings. They should get a good test from USC this coming Saturday. It will be interesting to see how they perform in the BCS title game.

Yeah since the computers don't take margin of victory into account, the Ducks tend to do better in the human polls. I'm not so worried about USC or Cal, the Ducks basically demolished both teams last year with lesser squads. Arizona would worry me more if it was an away game. The Beavers game is going to be insane. If the Ducks are going to lose one game, it will be that one. Not that the Beavers are better than Arizona, but the atmosphere of that rivalry game is always intense. The Civil War game is a tossup every year.

I'm happy for the Giants. I was really hoping for a Giants-Rangers World Series. I hate the Yankees and I was slightly sick of the Phillies. Nice to see a change of scenery. Especially since the Giants have never won a World Series (not as the San Francisco Giants anyways) and neither have the Rangers.

Great matchup in game one though, Lee vs Lincecum.

I wonder how many people at the beginning of the postseason would have guessed that the first game of the World Series was gonna be the Giants scoring 11 runs against the Rangers with Cliff Lee starting.

That's the Giants offense I grew up with! As great as it is to watch guys like Cain throw scoreless games and as entertaining as the intensity of a 1-0 game is...it's fun to see guys like Juan Uribe smackin' dingers!