Random Sports and Sport Talk

PSYCHOcatholic

I don't think you got it ( I may have missed it ,too ) , but I think Joe was ,tongue-in -cheek , teasing you about what appears, to a reader, as a bit of an over-inflated sense of self ( by SF standards ) via your rules and convictions and confidence and what-not - as well as a natural rivalry over favorite teams . Your blog is very fine and well done - but we always reserve the right to give one a bit of an elbow jab, regardless of topic , or however sensible or intelligent they may be - it keeps a lighter tone than many other sites can produce . No harm done . Let's just hope for a memorable series, come what may . :D

teasing you about what appears, to a reader, as a bit of an over-inflated sense of self ( by SF standards ) via your rules

LOL! Sweet sassy molassy.

I have rules in place for non-Yankees fans because I'm not putting up with garbage from trolls, which I had a lot of the past couple seasons. I tell them, you can post here all you want. In fact, I appreciate and welcome input from fans of other teams. However if all you're going to do is spam, or insult the team/players or start flame wars with my regulars, you can do that somewhere else.

It's not an "over-inflated sense of self", to put rules in place to make sure that everyone knows what will be tolerated and what won't be. I want quality people who want to talk baseball. I don't care what team you happen to root for.

:laughing: Fair enough - it may just be me - but reading some of your posts seem like they are coming from the ' most deathly serious woman in the world ' . We aren't used to such a regular member of said mind, if that be the case .

Do you , or have you , had any respect for Ann Coulter -stylistically , BTW ? Just asking ... :)

:laughing: Fair enough - it may just be me - but reading some of your posts seem like they are coming from the ' most deathly serious woman in the world ' . We aren't used to such a regular member of said mind, if that be the case .

Do you , or have you , had any respect for Ann Coulter -stylistically , BTW ? Just asking ... :)

I hope Ann Coulter rots in hell.

YANKEES SUCK!!

Phillies in 6.

Raul Ibanez series MVP.

I think this game will go to 7 with Phillies winning.

I agree with MC, Phillies in 7.

Make that Phillies in 5 (or 4 :shades: )

The entire Yankees team must have been on your site last night....because they sure as hell weren't playing baseball.

....and, oh yeah.....YANKEES SUCK!!

*re-reads*

*stares*

*reads again*

You don't say.

BTW, I believe Uncle Joe is from Philadelphia and I'd like to say.....good showing to your team. They put up a good fight and gave us a great series. I mean, the best team in the league vs. the defending champs - you can't get much better than that.

How's about a rematch in 2010? :-)

Congratulations Pinkstones and the Yanks.

I can definitely see a rematch in 2010. The core of the Phillies' team will be intact and they will add some new bench players and revamp the bullpen (hopefully adding another closer type). Feliz is the only player they may consider replacing (his contract expires) though finding a 77 RBI guy to hit out of the 7 hole and play gold glove calibre D will be tough. I think they resign him...but we'll see.

Lee will be back as should all of the starters with the exception of Martinez. He pitched well on long rest but doesn't appear to be able to hold down a regular spot in the rotation. Meyers will most likely be gone. They may have considered him for a closer role (at lower salary) had he shown he could break the 90 mph mark. He didn't. Top pitching prospect Kyle Drabek stands a good chance of making the team if he has a solid spring. Blanton has been offered arbitration so he'll be here. Happ will probably be NL Rookie Of The Year and will start as well. Hamels (who is all of 24 or 25) needs to regain his 2008 form. I believe he will.

Yanks will need to get a little younger on the starting staff and hope that the veterans continue to perform well.

I can see a rematch in 2010. Though I know Ron, Laurie and a bunch of Mets, Cards and Dodger fans hope differently.

Are you ready for some footballllll?