Random Sports and Sport Talk

PSYCHOcatholic

My nephew ~ the star high school QB in all of San Diego county ~ was delivered a concussion in last night's game as the result of a late hit. It's so bad it very well may end his football career.

It's rough out there.

Update: 9 days later and he's still got the thousand yard stare, doesn't comprehend much, and is suffering from continual headaches. Little sh*thead who took him out - helmet to helmet, from the side, after the whistle and away from the play - hasn't been reprimanded or punished. :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: Andy says he probably never will be punished. It's not right, but it's "just the game of football."

Michael Jordan was officially inducted into the Hall of Fame today.

He is correct in his statement about players winning championships, not owners, they don't play with the flu to win a championship.

I also liked his quote "There's no I in team, but there's an I in win."

That was likely one of the most egocentric , non-media savvy , borderline sociopathic speeches I've ever heard for someone going into the hall of fame . True , we can't judge him off the court - thankfully- as on it it - but ,please... get a speech writer ! And stay out of comedy as it isn't your strong suit . :P

• 2 weeks later...

On the list of things I wanted the Yankees to accomplish this season, I can check off the following things:

-playoff berth

-100 wins

-HFA throughout the playoffs

-AL East division title

-best record in baseball

The following have yet to be determined:

-CC Sabathia wins 20 games [he's got one more start]

-win the World Series

Here's hoping.

On the list of things I wanted the Yankees to accomplish this season, I can check off the following things:

-playoff berth

-100 wins

-HFA throughout the playoffs

-AL East division title

-best record in baseball

The following have yet to be determined:

-CC Sabathia wins 20 games [he's got one more start]

-win the World Series

Here's hoping.

You can check off buying the pennant too.