Random Sports and Sport Talk

PSYCHOcatholic

Maybe, but there he might be able to eat up some innings and provide bullpen help.

We have a winner!

The Mets aren't getting out of the first round with their rotation now.

Even if Jose can go 6 average innings, that's HUGE to the Mets right now.

I don't even know who their 5th starter is right now...

Plus, Jose has the post season experience from being with the Yanks and Sox. You can't teach that...

They just called me to be the fifth starter, that's how bad it is. Actually, Sosa and Perez are on the DL for, hopefully, a short stint. Maine is top shelf, then Glavine and El Duque. Pelfry has been pitching OK, but no run support. Vargas stinks. I think there might be a fit for an experienced starter.

• 3 weeks later...

Fernando Alonso won the European F1 race at the Nurburgring.:grin:

Unfortunately, due to tactical errors, the beloved rookie Lewis Hamilton didn't even score a point. :frown:

There's my racing news! :grin:

Ahem, we're talking about SPORTS, not sitting behind a wheel. :neener:

But ya, latest on Vick is that he was ordered not to attend mini camp by Goodell, this could get interesting...

Ahem, we're talking about SPORTS, not sitting behind a wheel. :neener:

I'd like to see you get behind the wheel of an F1 race car and actually put up a decent time! The G-forces alone are enough to make most people pass out... :crazy:

I'd like to see you get behind the wheel of an F1 race car and actually put up a decent time! The G-forces alone are enough to make most people pass out... :crazy:

By saying it's not a sport I'm not saying it's easy, I know I couldn't do it, but it's not a sport.

Anyway... to the F1 racing in Hungary for those who like it. Fernando Alonso took pole in qualifying, but was then thrown down a few rows back for an incident in the pits where he was holding up his own team mate Lewis Hamilton. Hamilton, who had managed to qualify 2nd, is now your pole sitter. The race is Sunday at approx. 1pm in Hungary on the tire-eating Hungaroring.

That would be about 8 am on the eastern seaboard for Canada & US.

I have just now discovered the name of this week's NASCAR race at Watkins Glen International; Centurion Boats at The Glen. As I read that, I was wondering to myself, "What the hell is a Centurion Boat?" Are we going to start walking around the racetrack with beer cans and oars atoe, while your wife carries the fishing equipment for you? Oh, I know, how about we all go around talking like that bass you hang on a wall, going "B-O-O-O-A-Te, B-O-O-O-A-Te".

Tonight makes 3/4 for the Cards against San Diego in this series. They may not take their division this year, but they've got the Padres number, always have, always will! Ain't it a shame.... ;)

Yay for Rick Ankiel! What other former pitcher, comes back as an outfielder, and hits a 3 run homer his first time out? None! ;)