Random Sports and Sport Talk

PSYCHOcatholic

Oh man, I know I'm a n00b here, but we need some sports talk around here.

What do you guys think about the NBA draft?

The Yankees sucking?

The All-Star break, buyers and sellers?

What teams do you guys like?

I'm a huge college football fan, I go to the University of Oklahoma, so I'm a die hard Soonerns fan.

I follow the NFL pretty closely too, but since Oklahoma doesn't have a team I have to root for the Dolphins. (My Mom is from Miami)

I also enjoy the NBA (Mavericks) and MLB (Twins) but don't follow them nearly as close.

Oh man, I know I'm a n00b here, but we need some sports talk around here.

The Yankees sucking?

I'm a huge college football fan, I go to the University of Oklahoma, so I'm a die hard Soonerns fan.

I follow the NFL pretty closely too, but since Oklahoma doesn't have a team I have to root for the Dolphins. (My Mom is from Miami)

I also enjoy the NBA (Mavericks) and MLB (Twins) but don't follow them nearly as close.

Discussing the bad year the Yankees are having is always a pleasant topic. How come the Twins couldn't beat 'em? the Twins have like 14 runs already today. Oh well..

The Yankees sucking?

1. Kevin Durant is going to be a superstar and will probably have a couple championships under his belt by the time he's done (the Green kid from Georgetown will surely contribute to those). The Sonics made two EXCELLENT picks this year. I see Greg Oden being a very good player with a long career, but no championships, ala Patrick Ewing.

2. There is nothing in this world that makes me happier, until the Red Sox win the whole thing in October. Thought for the day: It's spelled WANG, it's pronounced WONG, but they both mean the same thing.

3. Red Sox get Ken Griffey. A-Rod goes to the Angels. I'm wondering if Hargrove quit not because he doesn't get along with Ichiro, but because the owners have told him they may trade his best hitter because they're going to have trouble signing him next year. Wow, Ichiro would be AWESOME at the top of the Red Sox lineup!

4. Red Sox (of course), Dolphins, Heat, Orangemen.

And welcome to Songfacts, Mr. Slowhand. I don't do this for too many Noobs, but because you're a Dolphins fan, you get a free pass this month. But next month, I expect your lunch money up front every morning by 9:00am. Thank you for your cooperation.

:afro: :afro: :afro: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Discussing the bad year the Yankees are having is always a pleasant topic. How come the Twins couldn't beat 'em? the Twins have like 14 runs already today. Oh well..

The Twins are having a down year because the absolute stud of their staff, Franscisco Liriano, is out all year with Tommy John surgery. Santana can't do it by himself, even if Torii Hunter and Joe Mauer are studs.

Just wait until next year when we have Liriano and Santana going full speed. The Yanks will be one year older, and probably minus A-Rod, Rivera and Clemens. Live it up while you can. ;)

1. Kevin Durant is going to be a superstar and will probably have a couple championships under his belt by the time he's done (the Green kid from Georgetown will surely contribute to those). The Sonics made two EXCELLENT picks this year. I see Greg Oden being a very good player with a long career, but no championships, ala Patrick Ewing.

2. There is nothing in this world that makes me happier, until the Red Sox win the whole thing in October. Thought for the day: It's spelled WANG, it's pronounced WONG, but they both mean the same thing.

3. Red Sox get Ken Griffey. A-Rod goes to the Angels. I'm wondering if Hargrove quit not because he doesn't get along with Ichiro, but because the owners have told him they may trade his best hitter because they're going to have trouble signing him next year. Wow, Ichiro would be AWESOME at the top of the Red Sox lineup!

4. Red Sox (of course), Dolphins, Heat, Orangemen.

And welcome to Songfacts, Mr. Slowhand. I don't do this for too many Noobs, but because you're a Dolphins fan, you get a free pass this month. But next month, I expect your lunch money up front every morning by 9:00am. Thank you for your cooperation.

:afro: :afro: :afro: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

I'm actually really excited for the Sonics, because they'll probably be in OKC in a few years, right when they start to get good. :)

The Red Sox aren't winning another one. You got all your luck from the past 100 years when you came back on the Yanks, and then mortgaged the next 100 years just to be able to pull that off.

Ken Griffey isn't going anywhere, but I can see you guys getting Adam Dunn. Griffey is the reason people go to baseball games in Cincy, and wihtout him they'll never sniff a sell out again. A-Rod isn't going to the Angles either. Anaheim is too much of a small market to pull down his contract, and even though they have the young prospects the Yankees will probably be looking for, they simply cannot afford him, especially since he can opt out after this year and will likely get another huge contract.

And I'll just let you take my lunch money, anyone who's a Syracuse fan probably needs it to buy booze to forget your pitiful football team. (Minus Dwight Freeney, Donovan McNabb, and Marvin Harrison, of course.)

The Twins are having a down year because the absolute stud of their staff, Franscisco Liriano, is out all year with Tommy John surgery. Santana can't do it by himself, even if Torii Hunter and Joe Mauer are studs.

Just wait until next year when we have Liriano and Santana going full speed. The Yanks will be one year older, and probably minus A-Rod, Rivera and Clemens. Live it up while you can. ;)

Hey, I'm a Mets fan, anything that weakens the Yanks is OK by me.