Random Sports and Sport Talk

PSYCHOcatholic

• 3 weeks later...

Hey Red Sox nation, Welcome to San Diego. You got three frickin' runs in 18 innings, with Jake tomorrow. Don't worry, you'll be playing Tampa Bay and Baltimore again soon. Good luck from the Padre Nation.

LOL

Yeah, that's funny, guys. Should've held your tongue until after the third game...eh, Phil? What's that lead over the Yankees now...11 and 1/2? As a Padres fan, you, of all people, should know that it's pitching that wins games. The Sox have plenty of hitting for now, but when they get Griffey and move Drew to centerfield, look out!

:afro: :afro: :afro: :jester: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

You mean "...move Drew to centerfield, look out because his groin and hamstring just flew off!"

Drew has nothing wrong with his groin and/or hamstring. He's just a crybaby. But when he's in a groove, he can carry a team....well, at least a National League team. And the Griffey thing is just my thought...with nothing solid to back it up.

:afro: :afro: :afro: :jester:

If your team wins one championship every CENTURY, you do not have the right to annoint yourself a nation. I see the Sawx more as a phony Principality, like Monaco. 10 fat guys drinking Black Label Beer is not a nation. Be classy like the Cardinals; 10 Rings, 17 Pennants and 22 playoff appearances, they don't need phony nicknames, they win on the field. As far as the Padres, their budget is like $89,000, while the Sawx budget is $150 Billion. I hope they can win 2/3...barely.

I have never considered myself a member of Red Sox nation. I am a Red Sox FAN...and a diehard fan at that. The Red Sox "nation" was a silly name made up by the media many years ago....probably the same yambag that made up the "Curse of the Bambino".

As for the Padres, they would probably need to increase their fan base to about 500 before they could call themselves a "nation". And as for St. Louis, stick them in a GOOD division and see how many pennants they win.

:afro: :afro: :afro: :jester: