Random Sports and Sport Talk

PSYCHOcatholic

Yeah, I watched that one, too. I blame Varitek for calling an 0-2 fastball right down the middle to that rookie pup. He should have called for the forkball...three times in a row. It's okay, though, I'd still have Papelbon's babies....unless he blows a couple more like that one. Timlin did alright covering last night, but he's still shaky. And OKajima is OK. GO SAWX!!

:afro: :afro: :afro: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

So much for The Yankees spending less and developing players....I think this definition fits a guy like Roger....

A mercenary is a person who takes part in an armed conflict who is not a national of a Party to the conflict and "is motivated to take part in the hostilities essentially by the desire for private gain and, in fact, is promised, by or on behalf of a Party to the conflict, material compensation substantially in excess of that promised or paid to combatants of similar ranks and functions in the armed forces of that Party".

Lucky's got him . Glad he showed his colors before too long as she was wastin' a bench seat and I recommended dropping him long ago ( which will likely backfire ) . Clemmons has had it ! He'll be lucky to get through 5 full innings ... }:( :crazy:

• 2 weeks later...

The FA Cup final is on as I write this. Do any of the Premier League fans here like Manchester United or Chelsea? I sure don't. :P

Because of family affiliations, I watch, and have been taught that we do not like Chelsea or ManU. It's LFC or nothing. :P

I love watching English Premier League games when they show them over here across the water. I don't exactly get the chance to choose what games to watch as they broadcast 2 or 3 games through the morning(6 am start our time). But I don't care for either team really... :tongue:

I tend to cheer for... Tottenham :doh:

I liked them since I was a teen-ager, don't remember why! :laughing:

A little baseball trivia. These three Hall Of Famers began and ended their careers in the same city, but on different teams.

Willie Mays - began New York Giants ended New York Mets

Hank Aaron - began Milwaukee Braves ended Milwaukee Brewers

Babe Ruth - began Boston Red Sox ended Boston Braves