Random Sports and Sport Talk

PSYCHOcatholic

• 4 weeks later...

I can't believe the Cleveland Browns got him, but they just screwed themselves out of their first round pick next year, which will likely be a top 5 pick to the Cowboys.

I have a feeling JaMarcus will be a bust compared to Calvin Johnson, his career will probably be similiar to that of Barry Sanders. HoF potential, while never leading the Lions to the playoffs.

I wondered why Miami didn't take him, also, because Harrington has been nothing but a disappointment since he entered the NFL, but I suppose they felt the need for a premier receiver than a quarterback. The receiver has become the NFL highlight position now, it seems. At least when it comes to ego and news coverage.

Many condolances to the family and friends of Cardinal relief pitcher Josh Hancock, and to the Cardinals as well. He was 29 years old, and killed in an unfortunate auto accident in St Louis early Sunday morning. Josh was very influential in last years World Series win by the Cards. He was young, full of life, and had a lively sense of humor. He is the second Cardinal pitcher in recent years to pass away during the baseball season.

RIP Josh. Cardinal Nation will miss you.

Interview at Busch Stadium, April 25

so... what's news today...

Scott Verplank won the Byron Nelson Classic (in Irving, Texas)

Shaun Murphy beat Matthew Stevens 13:12 in Sheffield

Dan Hipkiss is voted Leicester Tigers Players' Player of the Season

BMW Oracle won against both Team Shosholza AND Victory Challenge!!

Mikhail Youzhny won against Benjamin Becker in Munich :(

and Markus Foethen won the first stage of the Tour de Romandie

:grin:

The heat were knocked off in the first round, & the Mavericks could be upset by the #8-seed Warriors, preventing any chance of a repeat in last year's championship game. The Phoenix Suns have a likely chance of heading to the finals this year, if things go as planned.