Random Sports and Sport Talk

PSYCHOcatholic

Okay, so picture yourself around a table at a bar with a bunch of friends all talkin about the greatest games ever played. The greatest coaches and players.

Okay, so in this topic, post your favorite sports game. The most amazing game that really signatures what that sport should be about.

Example: The best Basketball championship i ever saw was between the Jazz and the Bulls way way back for the championship. The guy that played for the Jazz back then who was the top player lobbed a basketball half court almost without aiming, and made the basket at the buzzer, winning the game. The points went back and forth in this game, and it really defined basketball for me. It was awesome!

Okay...so, name your favorite moments in sports history, your favorite games played who vs. who.

You can name your favorite player of ANY sport, cause i know canada...they only got hockey and that weird form of football...longer field 13 men...cool.

Whether you like curling, or baseball. What were your most FAVORITE matchups and moments.

Kinda like a random thoughts...but its random sports thoughts!

So looking forward to the Ohio State - Michigan college football game, played November 18. Always one of the most anticipated and viewed games of every season, this rivalry dates back to the 1800's. This year's version will probably (if both teams win their next two games - both against lesser opponents) feature one team being ranked first and the other second among all big colleges in the USA.

Im definitely looking forward to the Auburn-Alabama game or as we call it...the Iron Bowl.

One of the biggest rivalry games in the southeast. Both Teams have had good seasons...when they lose, they lose well.

So, Im not anticipating a high point game because the defense on both teams have been playing so well. Alabama's coach is gonna screw it up though, he lets his head and ego get too big. Mike Shula is his name. I forsee in a couple years they will replace him along with Auburns coach Tommy Tubberville. Gonna be a great game!

Though not a Dodger fan, Kirk Gibson's World Series home run and Jack Buck's call of the homer is my favorite sport moment. Classic!!

A good one! Here's a link to the audio: http://www.wjbc.com/media/buck4.MP3

Jack Buck is my all time favorite announcer (of course ;)). My favorite quote from him was after Ozzie Smith hit a homer in the '85 NLCS: "Go crazy folks! Go crazy!" :laughing:

Jack Buck is my all time favorite announcer (of course ;)). My favorite quote from him was after Ozzie Smith hit a homer in the '85 NLCS: "Go crazy folks! Go crazy!" :laughing:

Go Crazy Folks, Go Crazy!!

And so we did. I was lucky enough to get tickets in the random drawing for the victory party in Busch Stadium. Those tickets were going for 550.00 on EBAY, believe it or not! It truly was an inspiring moment for us, one we'd waited for for 24 years. Now that my computer is back up, I'll see if I've got any photos good enough to post. The naming of Eckstein as MVP was superb, as they've said on the tube, it truly was one ECK of a series!! I'm with Elvy.....GO CARDS!! :)

That's A Winner!.....Jack Buck

Edited by Guest

That is too cool, CeeCee :D

I was soooo excited about Eckstein being MVP - and actually called it early on in the series. He's got such hustle - a little dynamo! :)

Do you recognize my avatar (stretched as it is? :blush: )

Eckstein really was the heart and soul of the team this year. With his talent, his hustle( the man sprints to first when he's walked, for pete's sake!), and his upbeat attitude, he really kept the momentum going whenever it looked bad for us.

You know Elvy, I actually met Ozzie at Walgreens when I worked there? He was participating in a baseball camp for deaf children in St Peters, and needed a wrist brace. He asked me where they were. Idiot me, I showed him where they were, then just stuck my hand out and introduced myself. He was very kind, but bought his brace and hightailed it out of there!! Definately an icon for the Cards and baseball in general!